Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't seem to be getting any help in the bowhunting forum regarding this issue, so I'm reposting it here in the arrow forum. My apologies if this is not acceptable protocol.

First off, my bow is a 2008 BowTech 82nd Airborne at 28"/53#. My current arrows are Victory V-Force HV 400's. My arrows measure 26" from the end of the arrow WITHOUT broadhead insert to the bottom of the nock's groove where the string rides. Wth factory nocks and inserts, 100-grain broadheads, and Blazer vanes, they weigh in at 300 grains each, and chronograph at 303 FPS. With standard nocks, my FOC is 16.7% and with Lumenoks it is 14%.

I'm getting ready to order a dozen raw shafts, and just noticed that the Victory arrow chart calls for a 500. I don't recall seeing that listed for my draw weight and arrow length before.

http://www.victoryarchery.com/SizingCharts.aspx

Does this sound correct? I'm just wondering if I have been using incorrectly spined arrows. I'm currently using Rage 2-blade broadheads, have taken 5 deer with them, and they have the same POI as my field tips without additional tuning. I am seriously thinking about switching to Magnus Buzzcuts, and want to make sure that I'm as properly spined as possible, so that I can tune my rest to get these new broadheads to share the same POI as my field tips, if necessary.

I have 9 of these HV 400's left over from last season (half dozen still unfired), and would really like to be able to use them, in addition to a dozen new ones of the same spine. The chart shows that if my arrows were 27" (1" longer than current length), that I would be spined correctly. How can the chart be accurate when it doesn't even know my broadhead weight? If my 26" HV 400's aren't spined correctly, I'd be willing to change my broadhead weight if necessary to get the correct spine without changing arrow length.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one? If I keep using the 400's instead of the 500's, that means they'll just be a little towards the stiff side, right?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I ran your bow on my program and you should be between a 350 and 400 shaft. If your using speed mods go 350 and if you have smooth then go 400. The 500's would be WAY weak. So you can use 350's and a heavier point or a 400 and a lighter point.

I sell Victory and here are my prices on the V-Force HV's BTW in case your looking

Shafts
V1 $110.00
V3 $90.00
V6 $70.00

Fletched with blazers
V1 $120.00
V3 $100.00
V6 $80.00

All above include cut, suqred, inserts installed, nocks installed, fletched if you choose them and shipped USPS Priority TYD..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.