Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shade Tree Bow Technician
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been quite some time since I have seen some activity on Victory Arrows and figured I should share my experiences with them this year.

First off I ordered a dozen in November of last year to check out. I ordered the VForce V1 400's. They showed up within a couple days and I pulled them out of the box. I then weighed each one of them and was extremely pleased that they were as advertised within one grain of each other. The great thing was that 10 out of 12 were exactly the same. :mg:

I got them cut down to size, weighed again and started shooting them. They flew awesome and grouped even better.

I took them on their first hunt in January here in New Mexico and ended up with this guy!

The arrow!

Not wanting to stop there I shot a few 3D's and stepped up to the plate in March and shot this nice Hog!

Well, after this and lots of shooting, to include a few ruined arrows, (Robbin Hoods):cry: I finally ordered some more arrows in April, six months later from my previous November order. I mixed up my order, on purpose, ordering a couple dozen V1s and a couple dozen V3s. Same spine same arrows just different straightness tolerances.

Just for kicks I pulled out the V3's and weighed them. I was really surprised when I found that they two weighed all the same, and not only that, according to my notes from November weighed EXACTLY the same as the V1's I got in November. Talk about manufacturing tolerances!:eek:

Anyhow, I didn't get to hunt much through out the summer like I usually do, TX pigs, but I did get fortunate this month with my first ever Bull Elk here in New Mexico.

I guess what I am getting at is that I have shot a lot of different arrows over the years and the fact is that some of those arrows when ordered did not meet/produce the same weight arrows over a long periods of time, to me says that my choice to go with Victory Arrows over all the others was "Just what the doctor ordered!"

I hope all you Victory arrow shooters out there will chime in with your successes and I wish each and every Archer on this site the best! I have enjoyed the wealth of knowledge and general all around good people I have met on here over the years.

Respectfully,

Dave

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I am ordering a dozen V1 350's in January and can't wait to shoot them.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Congrats on all the successful hunts! This will be my first season hunting with Victory Arrows, I bought them in early May and have been very pleased, they will be in the woods with me in just a few days!

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Great hunts. I use the xringer HV's for 3D. At 6.2 grains/in and .350 spine, the lightest arrow I've seen yet with enough spine. They're a 2413 and great for line breaking. The arrows have gotten considerable attention from numerous fellow archers who also want to try them for 3D as well as indoor spots. Wish I knew about them long ago........:cry:.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I too will soon try them out. I really hope they stay top quality as many good shafts have suffered over the years and gone out of country for the 'cheap' Yeah Victory!!

·
Shade Tree Bow Technician
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome responses people! Not that I expected anything else!:darkbeer:

I agree that as long as they stay true to their manufacturing processes and continue to take input from the customers the sky is the limit.

Keep up the great work Victory!

·
Registered
676 Posts
After talking with an " inside " source I am considering going to the VForce HV 300's. Anyone hunt with the HV series? How sturdy are they? I know they are very light, but how strong are they in comparison to other arrows?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i was getting ready to order the pink ones for my wife. after reading these post i'm not concerned at all about ordering them now.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
After talking with an " inside " source I am considering going to the VForce HV 300's. Anyone hunt with the HV series? How sturdy are they? I know they are very light, but how strong are they in comparison to other arrows?
I hunt with the HV 300's. They do a great job for me. They are traveling around 330fps out of my XF-DS/GX. They are fairly durable compared to other "speed' arrows. To me, X-Weaves from PSE seem to be one of the toughest arrow shafts I've ever seen but the HV series shafts are quite a bit faster in a similar spine.

Dawg

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Great Harvest's Dave, Congrats!. I too love my Victory Arrows. I use the all Pink V3 Arrows and they Fly Straight.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I hunt with the HV 300's. They do a great job for me. They are traveling around 330fps out of my XF-DS/GX. They are fairly durable compared to other "speed' arrows. To me, X-Weaves from PSE seem to be one of the toughest arrow shafts I've ever seen but the HV series shafts are quite a bit faster in a similar spine.

Dawg
Thats comforting to know. I have shot the X Weaves before and I liked them. I'm looking for a good speed hunting / 3D arrow. I know I may want a line cutter, but for now with finances the way they are I need a multi tasker! Lol

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I just moved over to a few HV's for hunting this year. They have flown great for me at the range; with field points and fixed blade broadheads. Haven't Robin Hooded any yet, but cut off a couple vanes on the 40yd target. Our bow season opens on Saturday, so they will make their first appearance then. Hope to have some HV performance feedback before the end of the year (before the end of this weekend would be preferable!).

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I used HV400's this year for BHFS spots, and I'm ramping up for a couple combinations of HV 350's for deer.

So far, I think they have some good properties.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
I was just looking into buying a dozen of the V1 Xringer Hv's..... They look like solid arrows

1 - 18 of 18 Posts