Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into building some new arrows this winter. Just hunting whitetails, 40 yds or less. Setup is 70 lb/29” Mathews VXR.

Been leaning toward the Rip’s, but not opposed to the Vaps or even the Xtorsions. I’d like to put 50-75gr up front, shooting fixed blades.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I shot RIP TKO's for a long time. I love them. Still have a few dozen. Same with the VAP TkO's. My new go-to shaft is the Victory VAP TKO SS. Those things are amazing. Give them a look too. Honestly can't go wrong with either. Whatever you go with DO NOT use the aluminum outserts, either go SS outsert or an aftermarket like ethics, iron will, or I use the Easton Titanium outsert for my VAP's

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot RIP TKO's for a long time. I love them. Still have a few dozen. Same with the VAP TkO's. My new go-to shaft is the Victory VAP TKO SS. Those things are amazing. Give them a look too. Honestly can't go wrong with either. Whatever you go with DO NOT use the aluminum outserts, either go SS outsert or an aftermarket like ethics, iron will, or I use the Easton Titanium outsert for my VAP's
I was thinking the same thing, would definitely go with the steel outserts. Any issues with the steel outserts for the VAP/RIP/SS?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, would definitely go with the steel outserts. Any issues with the steel outserts for the VAP/RIP/SS?
If you go VAP or VAP SS I would do the Easton Titanium 4mm outsert or the ethics of Iron Will collar system. I just think those perform better. If you go RIP their SS Shok outsert is awesome. It's 55 or 60 gn and is short so they consider it a half-out. ...... Although I believe their new outsert system for the RIP shafts have weights like the GT F.A.C.T. weight system, so that may be worth trying, but I don't have any experience with the new system.

My current arrow is a VAP SS with Easton Titanium outsert and 150gn broadhead. I love it. 502gn TAW

·
Registered
50 Posts
With my practice target I have found that I have to double up on targets because my arrows are going through a single practice target (stuffed bag type). I shoot a Revolt-X turned down 62 lbs, 480 grs total arrow weight. Other than that additional precaution, they shoot great.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I've been building/shooting VAPs and VAP TKOs for years. I haven't had any problems using the stock aluminum inserts that come with every pack of shafts--unless I shoot them into rocks. The newest 50 grain ShokTL inserts that come with VAP TKO's are very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts