Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing either one of these arrows and was wondering what you guys had to say on either? They both have similar GPI in .300 spine. Both are .204 ID.....
Has anybody shot both? Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I've shot both. Currently shooting the Rampage. Killed an elk last year with the RIP's. Only reason I switched was after buying a RAM spine tester the Rampages test out a little better. Currently running HIT inserts in the Rampages with a 125 gr. head. Arrow weight is 430 grains. The RIP's had the outserts and IMO was their weak point. Busted several in bag targets(not impressed). Going after elk again this year and will be shooting the Rampages.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I just started shooting my rampages and love them! very tough. I like the half-outserts as well

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I currently have both set up for different bows. I find the Victory RIPs group tighter for me but that is likely a better spine fit and they come spine indexed. My current Rampage set up are slightly underspined. I prefer the Black Eagle stainless tophat inserts over Victorys factory aluminum crap...Black Eagles bone crusher inserts have been really tough. I have my RIPs set up with Easton HITs and aluminum footers which isn't easily available. Overall the Black Eagle Rampage are the better deal. Buy them built from one of the dealers here and get them spine indexed. You won't be disappointed

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. If anybody else would like to chime in I am all ears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts