Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that Victory has come out with the RIP XV (extreme velocity) shafts and these things are light! Only 7.0 GPI for a .300 spine shaft!? That almost seems dangerous to me, but maybe I am wrong? Here is a link-

http://www.victoryarchery.com/rip-xv

These should really hit the spot for the speed freaks out there. I would probably use a good fixed blade for whitetail, but wouldn't it be tough to get a fixed head to fly well at higher velocities? Thoughts on these?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have been using these arrows as my outdoor 3D arrow. They fly nice, they are spine aligned, and I have had no troubles with them as far as durability. The penetration of these arrows is outstanding, however I have been running the VAP for my hunting arrows.

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,762 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread.. any updates on RIP XV 300 durability for hunting?
I'm using them for hunting late season as I just got my reign 6 tuned and about sighted in with them. If I get the chance to let the air out of a deer with one ill let you know how it went.

·
Registered
18,221 Posts
Killed 8 with xv 300 2 were, shoulder shots and no collar on any of them and had one of the shoulder shots snap off the broadhead in the HIT insert, but I do agree a, footer would make it even better.
I run a 75 brass hit in mine. If I were to hunt elk, bear etc... I'd use a footer for sure. I have the iron will footers for them just for elk hunting.

The only time my arrows broke were when deer fell on it (spine hit)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts