Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a dozen Victory V- Tac 25 arrows and the nock was so tight in the bushing that you couldn't get the nock in without gluing the bushing. Gluing the bushing isn't that big of a deal until a bushing is damaged and needs to be replaced. I am having the same issue with the AAE #4 IP nock that came with the arrow and Boning F nocks. I also had issues with the bushing fitting super tight and even really loose when installed originally. So far I have ruined several arrows trying to replace bushings. Looking for some advice? I love the arrow, but if this is the best the component fit gets i'll have to change. thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
If multiple brand nocks fit too tight, reserve the center serving with a smaller diameter thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Use a little string wax on the shank of the nock and use a nock tool to push it in. It helps to turn the nock as you push it in.

Use hot melt on the bushings then when you need to replace a bushing they will come right out with a little heat.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a little string wax on the shank of the nock and use a nock tool to push it in. It helps to turn the nock as you push it in.

Use hot melt on the bushings then when you need to replace a bushing they will come right out with a little heat.
That'a what i am going to try next.

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35 for 3D, RealmX for hunt, PSE SupraFocusXL for spot . Axcel, ARC release, Victory.
2,138 Posts
I use TopHat pin's and Beiter nock's so not a problem.
My first V-TAC23's arrived yesterday so not made them yet.
V6, for practice to hunting class 3D.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Cool melt the bushing as said above. Twist and push as said above. Maybe I should have just quoted that post....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts