Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody shooting these? I’m shooting FMJ now and looking at changing to these to have a better FOC. Also wondering how much tougher they are with the carbon fiber weaves around it?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Been there, done that, the inserts are a PITA no matter which way you go. I'm going with the Easton Hexx .260 spine for more FOC. I am using the brass (not a PITA) 50 grain insert with 175 grain 1 1/4" cut 3 blade VPA broad heads for 24% FOC with 3" feathers. Fantastic accuracy

·
Registered
605 Posts
I’m running the vap tko’s but using the ethics archery outsertsamd sleeves on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Full Time Novice
7,344 Posts
Been there, done that, the inserts are a PITA no matter which way you go. I'm going with the Easton Hexx .260 spine for more FOC. I am using the brass (not a PITA) 50 grain insert with 175 grain 1 1/4" cut 3 blade VPA broad heads for 24% FOC with 3" feathers. Fantastic accuracy
Their inserts are PITA??? how hard can gluing half outs would be the correct term? Ill you that they aren't structurally sound in my opinion. Thats the reason why I'm running Ethics archery inserts. They are a pain to install but they are tough.

The eastons are a great option but they arent a smaller a diamter arrow but they tune very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts