Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the next Nature Course season, i'm looking for change my ST epic 400 for lighter arrow...

I don't want goes to CX and change from Easton...

I'm looking Victory arrows. I'm french, with FITA legal imits on diameter, look for extra light arrow for goes to National Championship.

I have a NAP QT 1000 with lizard tongue on it, i use X2 vanes (and maybe X-vanes)

Between Vfroce HV and Nanoforce, witch it's better for Nature and 3D??

Diameter is not important

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
Love the HV series. I shoot the X ringer HV for target and Vforce HV for hunting and fun shooting. HV series rocks IMO.

Havent shot the nanforce yet but that is next.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I'm going to shoot my first 3D with some Nanoforces tomorrow. They group so well. I can shoot 100 grains up front with the Nano's and be the same weight as my Xringers with 80 grains. It's supposed to be really windy so they should help there some.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
HVs group great and love them for 3d, but I am going with the Nano forces for strength, and group as well. I think they are the ticket for 3D and hunting shaft

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
I shot the HV's for 3D when I first got my Destoyer 350. That arrow was a sweet light thang that performed well.

I went to the straight VForce (Not HV) mainly because they are heavy enough for hunting Elk (approx 80gr heavier for 29" arrow), and I thought it would be good to practice with my hunting arrows.

But if it wasn't for that, I'd be using the HV's. They are significantly lighter than the Nano's, and while you say diameter doesn't matter...I believe that the narrow Nano's embed themselves into the 3d targets deeper, making them harder to pull out. I proved this when I did my own target penetration tests with different diameter arrows. So for 3D I prefer a little larger diameter, which makes them easier to grip also, when pulling.

Another point..., I believe victories are made in Mexico (or at least that's what I've been told). It's a reason for sticking with Easton possibly.

Finally, if you buy some victories, buy them all in one batch. Because while they are good arrows, and have little variation within a batch, you can get larger variation in the GPI between different batches. So if you want 24 arrows for instance...buy all 24 at once.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Like my HV's

Picked up my HV's a couple of months ago from South Shore Archery. I couldn't be happier. I have shot about 8 rounds of 3D with them. They group extremely well and I haven't had any durability issues at all yet. I haven't shot the Nano's, so I can't comment on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts