Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have used these arrows how durable are they. At 7gpi in a 300 spine I can build an arrow with over 18% foc and total weight at 449gr.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They are more durable than you would think.
But not anywhere near as durable as others.

Just depends on your use.

I use them as a target shooting arrow for 3D.
I do not use them to shoot steel plate.

When I break them, its usually me doing something stupid like 150 yard shots at a ski resort shoot.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are more durable than you would think.
But not anywhere near as durable as others.

Just depends on your use.

I use them as a target shooting arrow for 3D.
I do not use them to shoot steel plate.

When I break them, its usually me doing something stupid like 150 yard shots at a ski resort shoot.
I currently use the rip tko elite for elk. 15.6 foc at 515gr total weight. Would use the rip xv setup for whitetail

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
I currently use the rip tko elite for elk. 15.6 foc at 515gr total weight. Would use the rip xv setup for whitetail
With a good halfout like Ethics SS or the new Easton SS 75 grain halfout I would feel confident using them for Whitetail. I wouldn't use anything weaker than a 300 spine. An Iron Will SS HIT with their collar would be another good choice, pretty dang expensive though.

I was able to build a BE Rampage 300 that had 18% FOC and 450 grains TAW. It is cut to 27.5" c to c. I used Ethics SS static adjustable Halfouts and cut them to 90 grains. They shoot extremely well out of my 60# bows with 28.5" draw. Durability has been good as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts