Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for being so ignorant, but how do most of you transfer your videos to your computer? I have a camcorder that records to MiniDV. Do you typically hook the camera directly to the computer, or have some type of player that you put the tape in and use it to transfer. I have read some places that it is "bad" to use your camcorder to playback, so I was concerned that it also might affect it during transfer????
any info would be helpful. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you're worried about ruining the camera's heads I would buy a cheap MiniDV camcorder to use only for playback and transferring of video to your computer. I bought an old cheap Canon miniDV camera for like $100 on ebay to playback my videos and transfer them to my computer

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not for sure but i have heard that it is bad on the camera, but not the quality.....I just use my camera right now. GL2. However I am looking into getting a playback machine.

Ricky

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Not for sure but i have heard that it is bad on the camera, but not the quality.....I just use my camera right now. GL2. However I am looking into getting a playback machine.

Ricky
DO IT! But make sure it will play my tapes also!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts