Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DefiantShooter
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using and anyone used/using the Sony Handycam? Thoughts!

Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Ike

I have had great luck with the Sony SR-11. I like it because it has the ability to use a manual Focus. The video quality is right up there with the BIG HD cams. Easy to carry around Easy to Use , Never have to buy Media, Just Batteries. Pick up a couple

If you use it on a fluid head make sure you get the remote wire attachment. All of your controls on at your finger tips if your self filming.

This camera also take Awesome Still Pictures and you can take stills while your filming Nice Feature. I got mine off of Ebay for $750.00 with a lot of extras. The Camera came with the sales receipt that said the whole package cost $1750.00. I guess I got a really good deal.

Here is one of my Clips.
http://www.huntvids.com/video/1505/wanna-b-outdoors

I used Power Director 8 Ultra to edit the film. You can drop and Drag the clips from the Camera into Your editing Software. Very easy to produce your own film. I just found out the hard way by not asking before I purchased.

Good Luck

Here is a picture example

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
I use the Sony XR-500V and its incredible. Awesome picture and nice size screen to look through.

couple things I'd like to do are get an external mic with a wind sock on it and figure out how to keep it working at temps under 15 degrees

It will shut down if your out in 15 degree or colder temps for longer then a few hours.

I bought a 10 hour battery

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,509 Posts
very nice

that's a great video - something I am hoping to put together myself this year....

Joe

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
I am using a Sony Handycam and love it! Filmed a successful turkey hunt this morning!~

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Mine is a DCR-285

Attachments

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I used a less expensive HandyCam last year and was really pleased with the results. The one you have should really lay down some good footage.

·
DefiantShooter
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang, I knew there were a lot of options, but wow! Thanks guys, appreciate it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts