Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked an Alaskan moose hunt for 2007, looking for a couple good bowhunting videos for the same. Any of you guys recommend any?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi Roger,

Some titles you may want to look at are Jim Shockey's Land of the Giants and Land of the Giants 2 from Stoney Wolf. Here is a mini-review I wrote a couple of months back:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Land of the Giants 2. Wow this is cool! Pretty evenly divided between bow and gun. Nice camera work. HUGE YUKON MOOSE!!! That is a trip I would love to do!

The fantasy was momentarily broken when a hunter and his grizzled mountain man of a guide took off their cowboy hats and donned safety helmets before riding off on an ATV. Ole Bear Paw didn't look nearly as imposing in that helmet! lol!

As with most hunting videos I watch, I learned a couple of things. One guy had a back quiver with fletches up, and he simply placed a baggie over the fletches to keep them dry. Also, I can't say I've ever seen anyone hunt moose with a canoe paddle before! The calling was excellent and the moose were monsters.​

Another couple of moose bowhunting titles that are really popular areThe Lost Antlers & Antlered Giants, which are combined on one DVD. At HuntFlix, we currently have ten Moose titles on DVD and several General Big Game titles that include moose hunts. All of these titles are available for purchase or as part of our Unlimited Hunting DVD Rental program.

I hope this helps.

-- FLIX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts