Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goverment cant keep their hands out of anything.

In a small village in the southwestern part of ohio, a village has decided who is allowed to hunt not only village property, but of the private landowners as well. I've been hunting this area for the past 7 years. It began with permission to hunt the village property. It was ok for 4 years with the local gov when i resided in the village. After they thought i had moved out of the village they took the permit away. I later explained to them that i still resided within the village and would like my permit back. They explained that they wanted to allow others the oppurtunity as well. NO problem.. but the others were non-residents, non tax payers, outsiders, but most importantly their buddies.

That year i hunted private property. The next year the village council past an ordinance stated that anyone hunting private property must be oked by the city manager. Thats right the city manager believes he has the right to tell these very wealthy residents what they can do with their land. Anyone wishing to obtain hunting permission on PRIVATE LAND must complete an application obtainable by stopping by the village ranger station. these are not police officers, they are "rangers". They do a background check to make sure you are not convicted a violent felony. Thats the only stipulation layed out in the aplication. As i have found out later , there are others, just not in print. It is whether or not they like you.

The application also stipulates that you must hunt from a treestand. How about those that are handicaped??? Isnt that a violation of ADA? It also mandates that you must have completed a hunter education course? Isnt that age descrimintation.. in the state of ohio most of those people over the age of about 40 are exempt because a grandfather claus from before the law was put into act state wide....
they also violate the equal protection rights by choosign who they want in and who they dont. I'm sure there are more violations..

DOes this sound right to you people, a local gov that tells there residents of private property what they may do with it.

unbelievable

i would apprciate anynoe feed back, especially someone educated in law and ordinances..

thanks in advance
concerned american

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Sounds like a suit before the bar of the county court in which this alleged event is occuring.:mad: Go get `em. The New World Order is here, NOW. These clowns are trying to embrace the United Nations mind set and they intend to strip ALL Americans of their God-given rights and submerge US sovereignty under the UN. The New American magazine exposes ALL their shenanigans.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ping Jim C, he is an attourney in SW Ohio and may have some insight. You might contact the ACLU... sounds too small for them to take on, but you never know. A good attourney that would take the case likely can get your fees paid for by the city you will sue.

If you don't fight for your rights, no one else will! Take it on!

·
Registered
161 Posts
This village ordinance you are talking about. Does that regulate private property within the village's jurisdiction? Also, what happens if you get permission to hunt on the private land, but don't get it Okd by the village manager? Sounds a little bit crazy.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The Local Government has definitely gone too far. I doubt if their regulations even has delegated authority from the State Legislature. If a citation was issued, I suspect it would fail the local or county courts with a little challenge.

Is this a Village with wealthy people trying to control who should be in their area?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Although I'm stationed in TX I'm from SW Ohio. What county/township are we talking about? My wife used to be a deputy clerk of courts and she knows several judges and lawyers in the area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you have a state bow hunters ass. there they can help. if you had a couple 1000 signatures on a pitition they would have to listen. If you dont then I go a head and hunt an when you get a ticket take it from there then do a counter suit. Its your right to hunt. If I was a land owner there I would laugh in there face.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
seems to me concerned American, that you only need to secure written permission from the land owner. All that other B.S. wouldn't stop me from Bowhunting. It seems like a scare tactic or a good ol boys hunting club in the making!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeremiahjacobs

if you written permission from the land owner and not the city manager and were caught hunting you would be cited for violation of the ordinance.

panzer
i'd rather not say right know which village it is, but i will say its in hamilton county, oh

thanks to everyone for their responses

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
USA Bowhunter,

Thats cool, I understand. I have a sister inlaw that works for the Hamilton Co sherriffs office. I doubt she could be of any help though. I'm from Brown Co., Aberdeen to be exact. Next time I'm home on leave we'll have to get together and launch a few arrows.

Take care.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Man that just pisses me off. I say SCREW EM!!! GO HUNTIN!!!!!

If you get caught, take them to court, take their jobs, take their futures in politics, and then go huntin again!

Go get em brother!!

Last time I check we paid their salaries. We do have the power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts