Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I herd some where that vinegar kills human scent and works to keep it away. Has anyone tried this or used it in combination with other scent killers. If so, do you spray it strait on your body.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Rmucken1 said:
I herd some where that vinegar kills human scent and works to keep it away. Has anyone tried this or used it in combination with other scent killers. If so, do you spray it strait on your body.
Than what kills the Vinegar smell?

And why would you want to do that with all teh scent killer out there? :confused:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Wear all green and maybe they will think your a pickle.:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Body Odor - Vinegar makes a great natural deodorant. That's because its acidity kills the bacteria that causes the odor to appear in the first place. Mix equal amounts vinegar and water and dab it under your arms with a cotton ball. Let it dry completely. You may smell like a pickle for a few minutes, but that will disappear quickly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was a post on here that said if you mixed it with water and maybe backing soda it worked. the smell went away

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
It may eliminate human scent but then you have the problem of another unnatural scent---vinegar.

If you mix vinegar and baking soda they neutralize each other so basically you have water, which from what I understand isn't a good scent killer :wink:

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
The homebrew scent formula works well, and as good as any over the counter sprays.. Off the top of my head here it is. May be off a little on the amounts. Like I said off the top of my head.

16 0z Hydrogen Peroxide
16 oz. distilled water
1/2 cup baking soda
2 oz scent killer shampoo or body soap.

Mix slowly together in a large bowl and pour slowly into a jug. Let sit uncovered for a few days since there will be a little reaction. Than cap the jug and your ready to go.

I know my Grandma used to recommend vinegar for sunburn. It works well for that. As posted above the smell goes away quickly. Maybe a guy should add a few parts of vinegar to the above recipe??:) May neutralize the baking soda thou as posted above.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GreggWNY said:
Couple of things....

If you add the baking soda to boiling water it will dissolve so well that the water will appear crystal clear instead of cloudy and there will be no sediment of baking soda settling to the bottom. Let it cool before adding anything else.
The formular listed above is effective but....

if you want what I consider the best odor killer try combing hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. Don't worry about the vinegar smell...it dissipates quickly and besides it won't spook deer. Ask a chemist which ingredient will kill body odor the best and he will tell you it's vinegar. It will also change your skin ph for several hours so bacteria will not start to grow again.

Do a google search on body odor and vinegar...it's interesting.

this is what i found.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, if vinagar kills odor causing bacteria, and continues killing it, then theres a cheep scent control, if the smell goes away, then its all good.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Rmucken1 said:
well, if vinagar kills odor causing bacteria, and continues killing it, then theres a cheep scent control, if the smell goes away, then its all good.

I realize that, but there is other stuff that does that without making you smell like a pickle, that you dont have to mix, that is pretty inexpensive. Not that I care im just curious is all :cocktail:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Cat piss kind of smells like vinegar. Maybe that'll work. Using vinegar makes no sense to me. I suppose you would cover the HUMAN scent, but for that matter you could use gasoline, terpentine, dog poop, booze....:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts