Archery Talk Forum banner

vintage compound bow?

2852 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  bukfever2
I am super new and just picked up a used compound bow (from a pawn shop) the markings say it is a Pearson Flame. I have not been able to find much info on this model. What I have found suggests it may be as old as mid-seventies. It is in excellent condition. I am trying to find out what it might be worth, to determine if I got a good deal on it at the shop.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
487 Posts
maibe worth $50.00 to most of us here at AT.But you might get $100 for it from a collector.
Those old bows just don't have value like old guns do unless they are one of a kind collectors items like the first bear or pse to be in production even then.
If its shootable then go have fun with it,you'l be addicted in no time like the rest of us,then it will be worth a lot more to you.
I have a couple of old bows from early 80's that I play with some times,they are fun but just not the same as modern bows,the tecknologies have totally changed em.

· Registered
2,039 Posts
I am super new and just picked up a used compound bow (from a pawn shop) the markings say it is a Pearson Flame. I have not been able to find much info on this model. What I have found suggests it may be as old as mid-seventies. It is in excellent condition. I am trying to find out what it might be worth, to determine if I got a good deal on it at the shop.
Post a pic. I believe that bow may be from the late 80's or early 90's
A far as collectable compounds, I really don't know if any that would have any high value.
Good Luck

· Registered
1,032 Posts
Pearson made a model called the flame in the early to mid 90's. It had the same limbs and cams as the Spoiler but had a riser with a integral grip instead of the plastic one.

· Registered
5,243 Posts
Old bows are fun to collect but they aren't worth much. Go get it checked out by a shop to make sure it is safe to shoot, maybe replace the string if needed and have fun with it! I like to pick up old bows every once in awhile just to have fun with them and I like to collect them too. They still shoot fine as long as there are no major problems and whatever you paid for it, it probably will be worth it just to introduce you to this wonderful sport!

· Registered
2,039 Posts
I guess I forgot to mention that my wife STILL shoots a wood grain colored Pearson Flame. It's her hunting bow that she shoots without sites. She could have any bow she'd like but keeps shooting this one.
She does shoot it very well and you know what they say.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Get it checked out and have fun.

Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.