Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I run an archery shop and a customer came in with an awesome find. 13 Fiberglass arrows, most with razor heads on them as well as loose razor heads and an unopened pack of razor heads with the detachable bleeders. I a new to traditional archery and gave them some information, but I would like to find out as much as I can as far as what they should do with them. Do these items carry value anymore or are they just cool collectors pieces?

Any information would help thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Trying to buy something like that I've seen where a set like of original bear arrows goes for $100+ , off brands quite a bit less.

and the broadheads loose go for about $4 apiece. Probably a little more for an unopened package in good condition.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Those are Microflite arrows and many folks will still use them....I'm one of those who still use them when I can find them. As arrows they are probably worth about $50.00 for a dozen (without heads) if someone wants them. Heck most folks have no clue there even were fiberglass arrows nowadays. The Bear Razorheads are everywhere but still bring $3.00 to $5.00 each if in good shape. There is no shortage of them by the way since millions were made and they show up everyday for sale on Ebay. It's a nice set, but the arrows aren't marked Bear which would then add some 'supposed' value. What size are the arrows as that indicates spine? There will be a number on them.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If you do facebook go join the TRADITIONAL BEAR ARCHERY GROUP page. Lots of knowledge about bear stuff over there and lots of guys who will buy anything bear related

·
Registered
1 Posts
I shoot Microflites whenever I can get my hands on them. The nocks are probably old, brittle and unsafe to shoot – they may need replacing. The shafts will outlast anyone on this forum unless they hit a rock.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Those shafts are very clean and have had little use. Usually they are all brown and aged.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have Microflites with the original nocks on them from the 60's or 70's and they are just fine. The old index nocks would tend to get brittle but the compounds used to make nocks in the 60's was a better product that didn't degrade as quick...or at all. You can tell easily by just squeezing them at the slot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I only remember the heavy fiberglass arrows that were used for bow fishing, I guess some lighter ones were made too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those were good arrows , I had some for years, almost indestructible, but switched to aluminum as soon as they came out, much lighter ,much better trajectory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts