Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The "vintage " pin sights of yesteryear for hunting seem far superior to what is available new, today. This includes the ingenious sights made to be screwed onto the backs of the bows, and the sights made by Bear to fit into the riser face of the 1960s Bears. People evidently pay high prices today for used vintage hunting sights. How strange it seems that instead of progress, we have gone backwards in 50-55 years. Is no one interested in making and selling such sights today? What happened?
Hi! I was reading this thread and I have a question for you. I have an older 4-pin sight, with brass pins. But I don’t know how to adjust.
Do you know how?
Tthank you!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lets take a moment to remember that string walking was a created to let shooters approximate the obvious, and large advantages of using a a sight, while pretending they they are shooting a bow in the style of historic archer.

Sights are good.

·
Registered
21,688 Posts
ES -

If you can post a picture, it would help.
Most of the old pin sights where held in place with a thumb nut or two.
You loosen that nut, and then slide the pin up/down for elevation and adjust in/out for windage.
Follow the arrow for sight corrections (if the arrows are high, move the sight up, etc.)

Viper1 out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts