Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Came onto the archery shops about two years ago and was considered a top pick for new models. Shoots a good arrow, and looks good. The delux model is outstanding finish. If this is your first recurve or long bow, make sure you do not go to high in weight as there will not be any letoff. I suggest to a new archer
45 to 50 max weight, unless you have been shooting traditional equip and have built up to handle higher weights. A 45 lb bow will take just about anything in the eastern states, deer, turkey and even a bear....A fun bow to have for that stump shooting with cedars and blunts tips...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is what i'm looking for...though i'm not new to the game. I do love the feel of a 52# longbow..:) I'm just enjoying traditional archery more than my compound. Always have...i do lose alot more arrows but that comes with it i guess. Thanks for hte info...it's really appreciated.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I also lose a lot of arrows but it is fun. I do make my own arrows up and have started to make them up in full dip in white or gloss white paint, I get the paint ( qt) for a buck at the dollar store and it sure helps to find the arrows. I also crest the arrows with a crester I made out of a electric mixer I got at walmart for $8, also the cresting paint in 4 0z jars at the paint area of walmart. I am shooting a checkmate recurve the modle is the firebird, 56 inch long for about $375, looks like a black widow bow..

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not to sound like a tool or anything...but i don't like the feel of recurves. Every one i've shot has had a harsh cast that i don't care for. Longbow just seems smooth and flowing. i started putting reflective tap on my arrows and run the spot light when i'm out in the evening on occasion and they'll radiate like no ones business! Thanks for the advice though...crestingseems like a good idea!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If ya got all them hedgeapples,,,,, why dont ya go to the source and make ya an Osage Bow.
this is what i Do, build my own.. more fun and lots easier on check book.
I have 5 self bows and three recurves , 4 doz. arrows and have less then $250 in them all.
I have been into archery since age six 35 yrs now.
Good luck
Hedgeapple

1 - 6 of 6 Posts