Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need opinions about either the summit viper or summit cobra climbing stands. I have to decided to purchase one or the other. I am torn in betwee having the bar across the front of the top section of the climber. The viper comes with it, but the cobra does not. I just wish the viper cross bar would unbolt, then i would buy it.

Bar = easier to climb?
Bar = possibly in the way for a shot?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
If you stand up to shoot,the viper would work just fine.If you prefer staying seated"which some do"go with the cobra.
I have the goliath,and I found from shooting at my 3-d's that I can shoot at a pretty good angle if needed,have'nt hunted from it yet though.
Good luck,both are real nice stands.....:)

·
When's bow season start?
8,942 Posts
Doogy,

Three years ago I bought a Cobra, strictly due to the fact that I wanted the front open for seated bow shots. Then I almost fell through the stand trying to extricate it from the tree on my climb down. I shot through to my armpits before I stopped (yes, I had a climbing belt on) and I pulled and strained some serious muscles. I sold it and bought a Viper and have never been happier. If you are over 200 lbs. (I'm 227), I guarantee it is easier to climb with a Viper than a Cobra. I, too, wish you could remove the bar, but that's life. Now, maybe you should look at the Python. I believe you can rotate the climbing bar out of the way.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I noticed after i posted this tread that the python does have a bar that can be rotated down out of the way. I'll probaly buy this one. Thanks again

Good luck to all this season!

·
Registered
37,118 Posts
I have been using the bushmaster without the front bar for several years and love it. I would not want that bar for bowhunting. Just my 2 cents...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts