Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got some viper venom broadheads and was wondering who all had success with em.anyone?

·
Registered
542 Posts
just got some viper venom broadheads and was wondering who all had success with em.anyone?
I just got a set as well, Anyone have any experiences?

·
Registered
542 Posts
??? but I think there going to run out of menacing broadhead brand names before 2020.
I agree - They were in a set i picked up off of craigslist. They look good and have a 1.25" cut on them. They are cheap on E-bay but hard to find in the store :confused: Just wondering if i should try them out this year on bear...

·
Registered
25,254 Posts
My old buddy shot a doe with them at 50 yds 4 years ago I believe put a huge hole in her. They flew great for him but the point bent over pretty easy

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I heard that, for some reason, in certain jurisdictions they are considered barbed. :noidea:

:izza:

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
In most cases, when the hype of a bh is dead, don't use it on large game! Bear deserve better, so does other animals, use what is proven to be a game getter.

·
Registered
24,900 Posts
I heard that, for some reason, in certain jurisdictions they are considered barbed. :noidea:

:izza:
they are barbed because of the bleeder blades.

the crocs are not though.

never tried vipers. i have the talon xt though and there pretty nice.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My old buddy shot a doe with them at 50 yds 4 years ago I believe put a huge hole in her. They flew great for him but the point bent over pretty easy
Got a set of 6 for $10, they are cheap enough to not worry about a bent head.

·
Registered
542 Posts
In most cases, when the hype of a bh is dead, don't use it on large game! Bear deserve better, so does other animals, use what is proven to be a game getter.
So because something is not hyped up its not good to shoot :confused2:
I guess i better get a new bow... :p

all kidding aside,

I understand they do and have put down animals, i got a STEAL of a deal for them. Regularly $30 for a pack and i picked up TWO packs for $10 from someone who had a shoulder injury and was basically giving away all of there equipment.

I normally shoot Muzzy 4 blades but was really interested if these would out preform the muzzys or be considered an upgrade. :thumbs_up or :thumbs_do

- j -

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I took this bear with a Crimson Raptor 100 grain head. I would use them again, and recommend using them as they are good heads and will fly good with a stiff arrow.

Attachments

·
Urban Archer
744 Posts
good heads

They shoot well and are good killers. Like some said they are considered barbed in some states. I can't use them in my home state.

·
Registered
542 Posts
They shoot well and are good killers. Like some said they are considered barbed in some states. I can't use them in my home state.
Legal in CA :wink:

·
Registered
542 Posts
UPDATE...

They group well, just like any other BH out of my bow. But im convinced that any well tuned bow will shoot BH's just like FP's... They seem to be a bit noisy and slow the arrow down a bit because they spin FAST the second they are shot... I guess the design is doing what it is supposed to do.

They are cheap on E-bay and sell for $10 a 3pac all day long :shade:

ANyone else have anymore info?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts