Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else hunting in Virginia this evening? Did you have any success this morning? i found the hunt to be disappointingly stagnant this morning but hopefully someone out there got their hands on some action!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Saw 2 scrub bucks this morning. Hotter than you know what this evening and not expecting to see anthing until last light if I do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my first opening day without seeing a single deer in 10 years today. I blame the heat.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I had 3 does come by me at 7:30 but I needed them to be about 10 yards closer. Having done zero scouting I'm just glad to have seen deer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
one little doe was in and out of cover at 50 yards. That was it for the whole day. I hunted over water hoping the heat would make them drink. I'm ready for fall to really get here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Heading down Wednesday for Thursday-Sunday hunt with my son and BIL. Looks like we may be feeding the mosquitos after the rain and warm weather. Good Luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've finally started to see some good movement in the just two days I think some of the more chilly nights are helping out a lot. This upcoming week is looking promising ! Also what kind of broadheads are you guys using this season? I started with the NAP killzone Maxx's but having damaged one killing a turkey sunday evening I picked up some Bloodsport Grave Diggers last night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in central Virginia, hunted the opening day evening. Had a 8.5 year old 6 point at 65 yards. We have pics of this deer from the past 5 seasons, always been a 6 just bigger in body and heavier in horn, he ran everything out of the clover plot that walked in, #1 on the hit list now! Haven't been since cause of the heat and humidity. As for broadheads, I shot Afflictors last year and loved them, have a quiver full again this year. Good luck all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Sounds like you have an exciting session ahead of you my friend.. I'm also in central Virginia. Around 35 min from Chalottsville. The temperature has finally dropped and deer are once again on their feet like crazy. Today and this weekend should be excellent. Good luck with your most wanted. Post pics of you harvest him!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts