Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a vista 35 on order and I am excited to try it. Has anyone had an opportunity to shoot the new vistas? Just wondering what you thought of them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Let us know what you think when you finally get it. Ive got to wait a couple weeks If i do order one. I want to try one more bow before making my decision this year but heavily leaning towards the Athens V33. I bought a bow blind before and i didnt like it. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know what you think when you finally get it. Ive got to wait a couple weeks If i do order one. I want to try one more bow before making my decision this year but heavily leaning towards the Athens V33. I bought a bow blind before and i didnt like it. Lol
I will post an update when it comes in. I have never shot an Athens before so I can’t wait to try it. Everything I have read about them has been positive.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered a 35 after shooting a Peak for both spots and foam this winter.
Athens brought the Vista's to our local shop this past Monday and I missed them by 15 minutes. All I can tell you is that the guys that got to shoot it that were really excited on how nice it was. All the Guys are long time archers and every one was talking about ordering one. I cant wait to get mine.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just got my Vista 33 last Thursday and I can say it really is a good shooting and feeling bow. Draw is smooth with no dump at end and release is vibration free and quite. The new cams are really good. I was a little concerned about cable stops instead of limb but very little difference.

IMO they almost feel like a Prime bow and better feeling than last yrs bows. I would think the 35 should feel just as good with a little more stability.

Guys should be getting them soon. Looks like they are getting the 33s out first than 35s. Think most will be very happy with the Vista series. Any questions let me know

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got my Vista 33 last Thursday and I can say it really is a good shooting and feeling bow. Draw is smooth with no dump at end and release is vibration free and quite. The new cams are really good. I was a little concerned about cable stops instead of limb but very little difference.

IMO they almost feel like a Prime bow and better feeling than last yrs bows. I would think the 35 should feel just as good with a little more stability.

Guys should be getting them soon. Looks like they are getting the 33s out first than 35s. Think most will be very happy with the Vista series. Any questions let me know

How is the weight of the bow? I'm just curious and am seriously considering one.

·
Miller Time
2,263 Posts
Half a pound over advertised weight? That’s pretty significant.
Agree NP. I’ve had my eye on the 35 since they were released. But if the 33 is 4.7 the 35 has to be close to 5#. Little disappointing to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
That sucks! I was looking hard at this bow, but don’t like that news. I will never understand why so many of the brands stretch the truth with their bow specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
The bare bow balances well, that’s what I like. I never want to add more than a 9” stabilizer and I definitely don’t wanna run back and side bars to balance a bow or a heavy sight. But I’m just a simple treestand whitetail hunter.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have shot my wife's 33. Waiting on my 35. I do have a peak 38 also. The 33 balances very well. I think the 33 had a similar feel to the 38 as far as balancing. The 33 has a similar shaped riser, just shorter. But the 33 balances and holds on target very well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I typically use both a front and side bar with some weight but not crazy weights. Ive fooled around shooting my 33 without any bars and it holds just as well without the stabs. I personally dont give weight that much consideration since I mostly treestand hunt and noting stalking or hunting mountain areas. The weight helps me settle the bow down some and helps me concentrate on my shot process.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
If someone has a 27 1/2 draw length and shoots about 60lbs, would they be better with the peak38 or vista 35 for indoor spots?
I have a 28" draw length and I have found that around 35" axel to axel seems to be the sweet spot for me. Why? I don't like to be at the beginning of the cam and loose on most of the cam cycle. Secondly the string angle tends to be just about right for me at that axel to axel length. I also really enjoy shooting 3D so 35" A to A is perfect size to lug around. Ultimately it really comes down to personal preferences and what you like.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
If someone has a 27 1/2 draw length and shoots about 60lbs, would they be better with the peak38 or vista 35 for indoor spots?
I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.... The Peak 38 would be MY choice for Indoor Spots though.... with the ATA as the deciding factor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts