Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a pair of these or knows anything about them thinking about purchasing them or the Minox 10x43?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I dont have the Razors,but a few folks on here do. Stand by; or do a search you should find what u need?

·
74,535 Posts
There on my list to purchase

Hopefully before next 3d season

·
(aka lug nut)
48,385 Posts
Happ said:
Does anybody have a pair of these or knows anything about them thinking about purchasing them or the Minox 10x43?

Yup.
Have my pair.

What would you like to know?

Argon gas purged for fog proofing.
Silver coated prism for very bright picture and maximum light transmission.

Locking diopter, so you can adjust to each eye focus exactly to what you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just curious about the brand in my area there are no dealers so I have not had a chance to look through them. I am trying to find a nice pair around 800.00 instead of spending the 1800 for the swarovski's. We hunt out west alot in big open country. any input will help. Thanks!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have the Vultures 12x50.
And couldn't be happier !!!
They are like looking through a plate glass window at 12X !!!!
There is however 1 drawback.
They allow you to see how bad you really missed:wink:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have the 10x42 Sidewinders and really can't imagine how spending a penny more I could see any sharper:mg:
It's easy to make line calls at 80 yards in the shade. I've tried the 10x50 and 12x50 Vultures and they don't appear any sharper, diffferent field of view and more magnification, but not sharper. I've also looked through Nikon, Bushnell, Pentax, Zeiss, Swaro and Leica and bought the Vortex:wink:
Vortex has done a good job of assemblying their design for a quality product at a great price.....and don't forget that incredible warranty!

I really want to try the 8x56 Hawk Owls when they finally become available.
Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
I have the 10x42 Sidewinders and they are a great value for the money. BUT, on my recent elk hunt, another fella had a pair of Zeiss BT 8x30 binos and I compared them side by side and his blew mine away. They were much brighter and clearer and smaller in size, but much more expensive:mg: . We were watching a bunch of mule deer on a hill side and I couldnt see the rack on one buck and with his, it was nice and clear.
I would like to try the Razors as this might be more apples to apples.

Disclaimer; I am not bad mouthing Vortex, only sharing an experience.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Gotta go with Macaholic here....

I just got back from elk hunting with my Sidewinder's and they met all my expectations. While this model is on the lower to mid range I can hardly imagine them being much better. My brother inlaw has the new Swarv's and their is NOOO way I would pay that much more for them. I have looked through the Razor's and Viper's at a trade show and you can't go wrong with either. I thought about getting the Viper's before I went to Colorado..

Now I am thinking of buying the company!

Good stuff at a great price! Oh, and the people at Vortex are first class as well.

Marty

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I recently looked through some Swaro 8x42 slc and I cound honestly not see a difference that paying an additional $600 was giving me.

The Razors are very high quality for $720 shipped that you cannot beat.

I have sold several pairs and they have been nothing less than impressed by them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts