Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to purchase in the near future. Need experienced opinions on which model to use mainly for 3-D and Field Archery. The Diamondback HD 10x42 or the Crossfire HD 10x42. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Diamondbacks are worth it. There is a bigger difference in the quality of Diamondbacks and crossfires than there is between the Diamondbacks and Vipers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Vortex Raptor 8.5x32 because they were on sale for $69 (nice). Unfortunately these are my first ever binos, so I have nothing to compare them to, but I love them! They could be a bit better in low light scenarios though.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I plan to purchase in the near future. Need experienced opinions on which model to use mainly for 3-D and Field Archery. The Diamondback HD 10x42 or the Crossfire HD 10x42. Thanks in advance.

Get the diamondback 12x50's.
What this guy said ^^^

I don't think they're particularly great binos for hunting but perfect for checking targets.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
i had the same question when shopping for mine. I ended up going for the Crossfire. Granted im getting a touch older and my eyes have never been great but "I" could not see enough of a difference between the 2 of them for the price. I went Crossfire and the money saved got rolled into me being able to purchase/upgrade other items needed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I couldn’t tell a difference between crossfire and diamondback. The only difference I saw when looking through the raptor was more clarity in the peripheral area.

·
Registered
90 Posts
For me, Diamondback HD 8x32 have been money from the deer woods to glassing varmints <500 yards with my rifle. >500 yards I would be looking for a 10x or 12x and possibly a tripod.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have a pair of 6x32 vipers. They are sweet!
my dad has 8x42 vipers

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have the 10x42 vipers they are excellent - but my old 10x42 Diamondback were also very good.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,890 Posts
No experience with either the diamondback or crossfire but I have a pair of 8 x 42 viper HDs. Very satisfied with them.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Agree perfect size for archery. Using a Kuiu bino pack, but looking into a marsupial for up coming seasons.
For me, Diamondback HD 8x32 have been money from the deer woods to glassing varmints <500 yards with my rifle. >500 yards I would be looking for a 10x or 12x and possibly a tripod.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Received a PM that I should look at Bushnell Nitro 10x42? Any thoughts ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts