Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying my first pair of binoculars and I'm looking at choosing between the crossfire and lightning binos. This will be the first hunting season that I will not be able to hunt as much as I usually do decause I recently took on a job outside of the U.S. so I don't want to spend too much money. When I do come back to leave in the US I will upgrade to a better set like the Sidewinders. Would I be better of with the the 8x of 10x power for hunting?

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
I suggest just spending the very few extra dollars and getting the Sidewinders you really want. Jayhawk is selling some 8x42's at a very good price here (link). I have these and love them for 3-D and hunting.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You will not find a better Bino for the Money than Vortex. the optics are terrific and low light usage is great... try them and you'll be satified. I have the sidewinder 8 x 42 for hunting and love them.......:wink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will give it some thought on the Sidewinders but I would still like to know how good the Crossfires and Lightning binos are. The lightnings are light and I like that for having them around my neck all day in a tree or when walking around. It doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the Sidewinders and Crossfires. What is the main difference between the two?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
I recieved my Lighting 10x32's a couple of weeks ago and have just started to put them to the test. With them i also got the Harness system sold by Vortex. All i can say is...WOW!!!. they are amazing, Vortex has a feature that allows people (I wear glasses) who wear glasses the ability to comfortably use their Bino's without taking their glasses off. The quality of Vortex optics are amazing, so no matter what you pick you will be impressed.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I posted about the lightnings as well

I cannot believe for the low end Bino price how much I got for my money. Very, Very happy with the lightnings.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My opinion

I am looking at the Sidewinders at this point but in doing my research here is my opinion... of the 2 you mentined the Crossfire x42 vs. x32 would provide better visability in low light conditions. i.e. early morning/ Late evening
As for 8x or 10x my personal prefernce is 8x for Bowhunting and 10x for gun...

Crossfire 8x42 • 10x42:wink:

Lightning 8x32 • 10x32

Just my 2 cents. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arkansabowman, do you have the 8x or 10x lightnings and do you use them for hunting? I'm starting to lean towards the 8x42 Crossfires.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
FLBowman1 said:
Arkansabowman, do you have the 8x or 10x lightnings and do you use them for hunting? I'm starting to lean towards the 8x42 Crossfires.
The lightnings are a good glass. What makes the sidewinders that much better is the price for what you are getting. They (sidewinders) are simply awesome to look through. I still have the used pair of 8x42 Sidewinders for $170 shipped. If I put the plastic back on and pulled them out, you could never tell they were used. Vortex had a lifetime warranty no matter who owns them.

the difference in $ between the two models is less than the difference in quality.

Either way, I can get you what you need.

thanks

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts