Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes! First off let me tell you this web site helped get Vortex Optics where they are today. Thanks for the help! As you may have read I am no longer with Vortex, this was not by my choice. I loved my job, and most of the people I worked with. I was told I was not a team player and let go. I Guess working every weekend, answering phone calls 24/7, and replying to e-mails as fast as I can, meant nothing. I was put in a bad place, my wife to be, has been in and out of the hospital off and on for the last 6 months and unable to work, this has drained the savings account. $333 on unemployment I don't think will cut it. I will never take anything away from Vortex or it's product, but let me tell you I would never treat any one the way they have recently treated me. There are 2 people there, who did not like me and did everything in there power to get me out. They won! Dan Hamilton and family were great to work for and I am sure they will do fine. I may strugle for a bit, but my guess would be I will be back working in the industry soon. As far as a team player, my 19 month old boy and wife to be make a great team. I gave to much to a company that did not appreciate it, it will be good to get off the road and be home for a while. Bow swason starts this Saturday, please keep in touch.

Nick Davis

·
74,535 Posts
Nick

I want to personally thank you. You were always honest and upfront guy with me on ever question. I appreciate everthing you did here for me and many of my friends here.

Just remember where God closes one door he opens another.:wink:
God Bless
DB

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Nick sorry to hear about you and Vortex Optics i got to meet you this past Saturday and a super nice guy. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you around let us know how things are going and how they turn out. I wish you the best of luck with your new job you go after. Im sure you will take a company a long way. Best of luck to you and your family Nick.

·
Registered
75 Posts

pseshooter300 said:
Nick sorry to hear about you and Vortex Optics i got to meet you this past Saturday and a super nice guy. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you around let us know how things are going and how they turn out. I wish you the best of luck with your new job you go after. Im sure you will take a company a long way. Best of luck to you and your family Nick.
If you need to you have my number, and April said thank you!! our son Kristopher would have been 13 today, so just goes to show you it could be worse.(what tou did for her helped her get through today) THANK YOU GARY

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
best of luck

Nick,
Best of luck in your new endevours. Good on ya' taking the high road. You treated me with respect and on an equal business level, and I really appreciate that. If you need anything I am sure all of us here on AT will be willing to help.
Regards and best wishes,
Doug Pruitt

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
answer your pm's i've been trying to get in touch with you.
i'm sorry to hear of your misfortunes as life goes it seems when it rains it pours the most important thing here is the health and well being of you and your familly. i can speak from experience these trying times can be very tough but have faith and keep your head up.
dave

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Nick I hope you get things worked out. I know sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment...try working with you brother for 19 years! You guys were too good of a team to let it go this easily. All parties need to cool off and get back together and talk it out. Just my lousy 2 cents but been there before. If you need anything you've got my number.

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
Nick, as I told you earlier, you were the one I wanted to deal with. You were always on the ball returning emails and phone calls. I think between the 2 of us, we got the big acct. here in Missoula. :wink:
I commend you for taking the upper road in this, and wish you and your wife to be the best in all you do. And as one has already said, when the Lord closes one door, another will open. Also, He never gives you something that you can not handle. :hug:
I wish you all the best and please, keep in touch. You have my numbers and email. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dee

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
WOW, Nick!!! That was much more professional than the last time an "industry" employee posted after being fired. :eek:

Wish you all the best on whatever you choose to do in the future!!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Nick,

We wish you nothing but the best of luck. I know all too well that the market is tight, so I hope you make it unscaved.

You have done a wonderfull thing helping both the archery community and Vortex. I wish you nothing but the best, and if I can help here in any way, please let me know.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good luck Nick. Thanks for all your help. If you need anything, just call. We still need to get you down here for a trip to the woods. BTW - I saw the new bow and it looks great. Very quiet.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Dang...Nick I am gonna miss speakin with you. You are a straight up fella and i appreciate all you have done and helped me with. Good luck with your future and don't leave AT.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If it doesn't kill ya it makes ya stronger. Good luck to you and yours, everything happens for a reason....

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Nick, sorry to hear about your situation but life goes on and something better will come along. Make the best of it. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have been dealing with Nick since before Vortex. I have always had a great time dealing with Nick. He was very polite and I felt he was a team player. He worked hard at his job, and always had the best of spirits. I am very sorry to hear this Nick. You will be working again very soon. I am sure of it. Keep in touch. I always look forward to hearing your hunting stories.

Blair Lyon

·
7,984 Posts
Sorry to hear this Nick, something better will surely come along. You were always great to deal with and very helpful.

Print this thread as a resume for your next job :tongue:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
:tsk:

Nick, I hate to hear such a thing. Especially by one of our sponsor companies. I will be sending a pm shortly! I am saddened to hear that such a thing has happened and is happening.
keep your head high, things will turn around I know it!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nick,

It's odd how our roads wind and turn. Sometimes we view something as a huge stumbling block, but in essence, it turns out to be the 90 degree turn that puts us right where we are meant to be. I wish you the best in wherever you go from here.

I never got the chance to meet you, but I did look forward to it. You were very courteous and professional anytime I spoke with you. I'm sure you'll land on your feet.....

Thank you for the opportunity you gave me,

Angie Gattis

1 - 20 of 42 Posts