Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
vjoe911
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortex Ranger 1300 Rangefinder with HCD vs Leupold RX-1300i TBR with DNA Looking at these two rangefinders for hunting and 3D. Whats Y'alls thoughts??? And will they range black targets.

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,789 Posts
As many rangefinders as I've been through over the years (3 or 4), Vortex wins between the two hands down due to warranty. There are a few other companies that will do a full warranty, including accidental damage, on rangefinders, but there aren't many due to it being battery operated. Athlon is one of them... there's another that I found and I can't recall the name.

Leupold doesn't have it written anywhere, so they may cover it, they may not, depends on who you talk to on the phone. Don't get me wrong, good products, but hit or miss warranty work from what I've read from people who have dealt with their customer service.

·
vjoe911
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply i
I just bought a Vortex Ranger 1300 so iguess ill give it a try

·
vjoe911
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply i
I just bought a Vortex Ranger 1300 so iguess ill give it a try

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my experience the vortex Ranger 1300 will have less features. This is a good thing because you just point and shoot. It is also easy to set up and navigate.

·
Ice Cold
11,783 Posts
The reason everyone talks about vortex warranty is because so many people have had to use it. I do have a couple vortex rifle scopes that have been good and I use vortex binos, which have been sent in for warranty. I use Leupold for my rangefinder because of how accurate they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I just bought the Vortex 1300 after playing with both at Cabelas. The vortex had crisper glass and the display was easier to read.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought the vortex 1300 before hunting season last year. Also have a vortex bino. Love both of then and have had absolutely no issues. i bought the binos used and felt save doing so just knowing their warranty. They really do stand behind their products.

·
vjoe911
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought the Vortex 1300 after playing with both at Cabelas. The vortex had crisper glass and the display was easier to read.

That's what sold me on the Vortex. my binos and scopes are all Leupold and love them and it was a hard decision

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
Vortex doesn’t do half yardages and don’t have red display do they? That’s my main reason for wanting to upgrade to leupold from my Halo. The cheap halo works but hard to see display and some targets it takes time to range and only does whole yardages. I have vortex Binos and I can’t see spending a ton on others when these do all I need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts