Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Iv'e decided on the Sidewinders, but now I'm wondering if I should get the 8 x 42's or the 10 x 42's. I see that the fov is a lot different between the two, will that make a marked difference? I'll only be using them for hunting.

·
74,535 Posts
Hunting only

10x42

·
7,984 Posts
I first bought the 8X42's thinking they would be brighter than the 10X....and while they were an excellent pair of binos in all aspects from quality to price.....I now know the 10X are all the 8X are..plus a little more zoom :wink:

To sum it up, depending on what you plan to do with them, both are great binos. I could have hunted around here with the 8X easily...but wiyh my eye-sight....the 10X sure pulls the 12 ring in on those 50 yard javelina shots :tongue:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
arrowaddict said:
OK, Iv'e decided on the Sidewinders, but now I'm wondering if I should get the 8 x 42's or the 10 x 42's. I see that the fov is a lot different between the two, will that make a marked difference? I'll only be using them for hunting.
Depends on what kind or area you are in. I don't think you will have any problems with either size actually.

If you are in the woods a majority of the time, then go with the 8x. If you are in the woods and open area back and forth, then go with the 10x.

Let me know if you have any other questions

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
as mentioned you won't be dissapointed with either. I am primarily a woods hunter with lots of trees and brush and tend to be in darker area's so I use the 8 X 42 Sidewinders and they work great. Which ever you decide to go with will be suitable for either condition..... magnification is basically the only difference I have found between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts