Archery Talk Forum banner

Vortex Vipers vs Burris Signature Select

7022 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  wekilldeer
I had decided to get some Vipers and while waiting to get my Monarchs sold in the Classifieds, I started looking at all the different brands of binos. In the mean time I just happen to be given a 60% off coupon good towards any Burris product. So I did the search thing and never did find what I was looking for. How do the Vipers in 10x42 compare to the Signature Selects 10x42 from Burris? Has anyone compared these two first hand?

Greg
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,326 Posts
I have some burris euro diamonds which are burris's top binoc and absolutley love them. I have looked through the signature selects and they are really clear too. Burris has a great warranty program called the "forever warranty". I really like my burris euro diamonds and the signature selects are great too.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
I just bought a pair of Vipers a couple of months ago and I was actually making the same comparison you are only I was comparing 8x42 instead. On here you'll get very biased replies but I must agree with them.

When I started seeing how biased everyone here is toward the Vortex binos I decided I really needed to research elsewhere to find more unbiased information. I started Googling the Vipers and everything else out there and read as much as I could. I think if you'll do the same thing you'll find what I did. There are really no negatives to the Vipers. You'll find lots of reviews from some birders that really know their binos and it's common knowledge that Vipers are the best value in binoculars still to this day.

They have been compared to much more expensive binos by people that know binos and they almost always come out on top. They were even put up against their bigger brother, the Razors, and the reviewer stated that with the exception of performance in the lowest of light, he saw better performance out of the less expensive Vipers. They are a little smaller, a little lighter, and do a fantastic job. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much guys!!! That helps a bunch. Anyone else have any input?

Greg.

· Registered
325 Posts
i would like to have your 60 % off coupon.lol

· Registered
2,217 Posts
I just bought a pair of Vipers a couple of months ago and I was actually making the same comparison you are only I was comparing 8x42 instead. On here you'll get very biased replies but I must agree with them.

When I started seeing how biased everyone here is toward the Vortex binos I decided I really needed to research elsewhere to find more unbiased information. I started Googling the Vipers and everything else out there and read as much as I could. I think if you'll do the same thing you'll find what I did. There are really no negatives to the Vipers. You'll find lots of reviews from some birders that really know their binos and it's common knowledge that Vipers are the best value in binoculars still to this day.

They have been compared to much more expensive binos by people that know binos and they almost always come out on top. They were even put up against their bigger brother, the Razors, and the reviewer stated that with the exception of performance in the lowest of light, he saw better performance out of the less expensive Vipers. They are a little smaller, a little lighter, and do a fantastic job. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Hope that helps.
VERY VERY Excellent reply! :thumbsup: Archers helping Archers. and i have to say i absolutely agree with you, and all the aforementioned reviewers of the Vortex Vipers.

· Registered
754 Posts

Hope that helps.

Check out the 3D Forum look in the "Best Bino" thread and I basically did the same with four days of testing including a whole day at a shoot yesterday and came out with the same results as above.

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. If I could just get my Monarchs sold I have them on order.

· Registered
894 Posts
VORTEX here also.:thumbs_up I own 3 pair,10x42 razers and 2 pair of the smaller 8x28 hurricane model.
3 Razors!!!! Lucky, they are truly awesome. I have some 8x42s and wouldnt trade them for anything. Unless Vortex came out with a 8x version of the Kaibab.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.