Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get some of these so I'm starting this thread since I didn't see one yet. Post your thoughts about the VPA three blade broadhead as well as any pictures you have of them (game taken, sharpening, target shooting, or any pictures of these heads, vented or nonvented).

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
They are great BHs. You won't find any stronger. I have taken many big game animals with them. The solids are quieter in flight and slightly stronger than the vented, but the vented are still plenty strong and may fly better if your bow is not in perfect tune. Some struggle with sharpening, but I find them easy with flat diamond stones. There are a number of YouTube videos on how to do it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I shot them for the first time last season & took a spike buck. He didn't make it far & dropped like a sack of bricks. He did a stumbling run (serpentine-ish) and pretty sure he smacked into a tree before falling. I have the vented, and are tough, but I broke one hitting the plywood of my target stand when I was first sighting them in. Another is slightly bent from hitting dirt when it blew through my target during my torture tests. I find them incredibly easy to sharpen. They fly like darts (higher than my field points and Hunor Magors for some reason) and penetrate like nobody's business.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've been shooting them for two years, 150gr and 160gr. Last year 6 deer and 15 hogs, all passthroughs. I love these heads.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Strongest broadhead on the market. They have exeptional flight as well, and are easy to sharpen. I like the 100 grain vented heads, the penetration is amazing on theses heads. If you like a COC head if have to check theses out

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Their website has all the pics you want.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Toughest broadheads made in my opinion
I bet the non-vented are. One of my vented snapped after hitting the wood on my target stand at 20 yds.

·
8,285 Posts
they are tough. but im one of the guys who had a hard time getting a razor edge everyone claims they can get on them. they flew well for me too. but i just love my buzzcuts so i sold mine.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yes, that was a beautiful morning. I remember shooting him within the first hour of light.

i don't have any close-ups, but google does:
https://www.google.com/search?q=vpa+vented&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ncZaUsmlD5S34AO594GQCQ

Just to mention, a few of those at the Google link aren't ours. Especially that broken one. Not sure who's that is but its not a VPA. We make the long head with multiple vents but its not a VPA.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i have been shooting them for two years now... killed some game with them and was very impressed with one, not so much with the other though that was my fault...

I originally had some problems with the vented heads and getting them to fly correctly but after i eventually got my bow figured out that is what i am carrying in my quiver now.. I shoot 125 non vented and 150 non vented.

I can get a sharp edge with them but i had to learn how to do it and practice. I can shave arm hair with them. I can't imagine there is a stronger, more economical head on the market...

good luck, i think you'll be very happy them...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Just to mention, a few of those at the Google link aren't ours. Especially that broken one. Not sure who's that is but its not a VPA. We make the long head with multiple vents but its not a VPA.
I also should mention mine snapped not just hitting plywood but a solid chunk of mahogany right behind it. Might as well shoot it into concrete at that point.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Love mine. Will not shoot anything else. They fly great and penetrate awesome. Have killed multiple animals with Many of the same heads. I have one head I shot 3 animals with this year and another that has taken 2 hogs an both are sharp and ready for another. Not many heads you can do that with. Try them and you will see once you use them you'll never shoot another head. Easy to resharpen too

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
We make no claims of them being indestructable (no broadhead is) but there are no 3 blade broadheads on the market that are tougher ours.

VPAs are satisfaction guaranteed. If you are not happy with your purchase we have no problem exchanging or refunding your money.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No kills yet but, they fly great, are easy to sharpen, and seem very solid. I did get one out of six that is a wobbler, however. Even that one fly's pretty good until about 30 yds.

·
Huntoholic
10,579 Posts
what more could you ask for, one piece with no replaceable parts, accurate, tough as it get's, lifetime warranty, and you can sharpen them time and time again. My choice for killing game quickly, and repeatably!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
125 non vented. WV doe at 23yrds. Entry mid rib cage, exit far arm pit/shoulder crease. Blood trail was great, but indicative of a good shot. The head was perfect, and sharpened back to perfection. I am a fan!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts