Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody shot these arrows? Got a line on some for 45 a dozen. Just wondering what kinda arrow they are and if they would work for hunting and
3-d?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Anybody shot these arrows? Got a line on some for 45 a dozen. Just wondering what kinda arrow they are and if they would work for hunting and
3-d?
They'll do fine! I have killed a heap of deer and hogs with 2212's, 2213's, 2216's,2312's 2413's, 2512's.. All with a heck of a lot less technologically advanced equipment than what we have now..Bows are dadgum efficient these days. If carbon is so much more efficient in that it does not oscillate as much and penetrates better than the old oscillating Aluminum, then you will definitely not have any problems! These new guys thinking that arrows larger than 19/264 dia. are not great hunting arrows are crazy! If there ever was a "do it all arrow the 22 Series Gold Tip or Victory will fill the bill and stack your freezer full!" If that is a lie then I have sincerely lost my mind..and that ain't happened recently!:wink:
If I needed one "Do It All Arrow" it would be the 22 Series Gold Tip and the Victory22's. That's my opinion!:):zip:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I bought some awhile back when I was looking for some good light arrows for a 50lbs 82nd Airborne setup for 3D and paper.
I am a big fan of Goldtip 22s so a guy on here suggested the VX22s.
These are the older models, I think the newer ones have colored labels.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The 22's will kill deer very efficiently too! They are an all around great arrow that serve a dual duty of 3d and hunting! That's my opinion!

·
12's R Good
4,868 Posts
Great for 3D or hunting! Very tough and reliable. They will make a great all around arrow.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The one you have is the .005 (V5) version. The colored ones are .001 (V-1).
That's the straightness of the shaft.

I just bought some V-1s. Shot them tonight for the first time. 25 Xs in a row!
I recommend them highly.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
i shot them this year for 3d and was very pleased with them. they are tougher than the cxl2's i was shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts