1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,185 Posts
I'm surprised it got posted.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
It happens to all bow manufacturers, like he said. The bit that I take away from this is the great customer service. I have had awesome customer service from Mathews from all the way over here in England and it makes the world of difference. Nothing worse than not being able to speak to an actual tech or being given the run around. PSE did that to me, fobbing me off with stock emails that didn't answer questions and not allowing me to actually speak to a tech. As soon as that experience was over, I sold my PSE bows and won't buy another. We don't have big knowledgeable pro shops and dealer networks in the UK and I do all my own tech work, so if the company won't talk to me, I won't buy from them.

Well done Mathews. This is something they really do right.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
there’s been a number of popped limbs on the V3s. So not surprised it continued on the V3X. The question is will it hurt Mathews like it hurt Bowtech.
People including myself still don’t trust Bowtech’s limbs after all of the failures in the Mid-2010s.

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,185 Posts
Yep...I'm wondering now what the quality control process of a finished product is before being shipped to the retailer...
Do you think they should draw and shoot every bow a set number of times?

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,185 Posts
there’s been a number of popped limbs on the V3s. So not surprised it continued on the V3X. The question is will it hurt Mathews like it hurt Bowtech.
People including myself still don’t trust Bowtech’s limbs after all of the failures in the Mid-2010s.
How many?

Reactions: mrp

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,185 Posts
That let down around 6:25 is exactly how bows get derailed!! He was lucky not to bust that bow right there! You could see how he left down super fast and with lots of torque…. He’s well over-bowed!
You noticed that too? Even on the draw they were having trouble rolling it over. I've shot both bows and I didn't have that issue.

Reactions: Ybuck and Boonetown

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I am wondering if they hit the limb on something like the bow press off camera while setting the bow up that might have caused the limb to fail. Maybe it’s a clear example of a limb structure issue or maybe the full story was not captured in the video…🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I am wondering if they hit the limb on something like the bow press off camera while setting the bow up that might have caused the limb to fail. Maybe it’s a clear example of a limb structure issue or maybe the full story was not captured in the video…🤷‍♂️
They didn't set it up, that's how the 29's were shipped, fully rigged.

DAMN! That sucks.

Is that the box they all ship in or just the dealer preview bows?
Only the 29 was shipped that way. Fully set-up with all the accessories. Just the dealer box. All the rest will come the same as they always have...brown box.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts