Archery Talk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 134 Posts

Registered
It happens to all bow manufacturers, like he said. The bit that I take away from this is the great customer service. I have had awesome customer service from Mathews from all the way over here in England and it makes the world of difference. Nothing worse than not being able to speak to an actual tech or being given the run around. PSE did that to me, fobbing me off with stock emails that didn't answer questions and not allowing me to actually speak to a tech. As soon as that experience was over, I sold my PSE bows and won't buy another. We don't have big knowledgeable pro shops and dealer networks in the UK and I do all my own tech work, so if the company won't talk to me, I won't buy from them.

Well done Mathews. This is something they really do right.
Thank you for realizing the actual highlight of the video, it was an honest review. Right now the 29 has my attention out of all the bows released so far based on the specs I鈥檓 looking for. We received the limb today and everything shot fine with the bow and will more than likely update the video.

Registered
Yes! I'm thinking maybe he has a bad shoulder or something? He definitely looked like he was struggling to pull it back.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
JR served our country in the marine corp and is actually 100% permanent and total (disabled vet) has had a few surgeries and getting back into shooting shape.

Registered
Thank you for realizing the actual highlight of the video, it was an honest review. Right now the 29 has my attention out of all the bows released so far based on the specs I鈥檓 looking for. We received the limb today and everything shot fine with the bow and will more than likely update the video.
Think you mentioned in the video you were a 27.5 inch draw. I just shot the V3s and the V3Xs today. On the 27 I was spot on at 27.5. On the 29, 31 and 33 I was a 27. 29 and 31 felt almost identical to me. 33 I liked the stability but being on the front end of the draw length left very little valley. Bow felt like it wanted to go If I relaxed even for an instant.

Went 31 due to economics and the fact that I鈥檝e already invested in my sights and Hamskea rests. Great bows.

Registered
Lol

We were requested to, so we obliged. It wasn鈥檛 out of disrespect to Mathews in anyway.
I didn鈥檛 see anything wrong with the video and thought it was a honest review and was liking the draw of the 33.
I was impressed to see you showed the truth and knew Mathews would take care of the limb as they are a stand up company just like most of the other bow manufacturers
I鈥檓 my opinion it looks bad when you change the title and then make it private like you are wanting to hide something but I am assuming Mathews got pretty worked up about it and was very persuasive about taking it down?
I don鈥檛 think there is anything to hide if your just telling the truth.
For what it鈥檚 worth I have owned most of the flagship Mathews over the years and like some of them but I have also seen more than one limb come apart in the pro shop on the last couple of Mathews new releases.

Registered
it鈥檚 unfortunate that it happened to us, we just the warranty limb and everything shot fine. I haven鈥檛 personally had any limb issue with Mathew鈥檚 bow. As far as posting I told the engineer that we paid to have this video filmed and edited already and he said I understand and such. Overall everyone is taking away from the fact a limb did crack, but what people should really look at is how quick and understanding Mathew鈥檚 is and how they treat their dealers.
Lol

We were requested to, so we obliged. It wasn鈥檛 out of disrespect to Mathews in anyway.
I think that's not a great mark for Mathews, if they were the one's requesting you remove it. Not allowing honesty (even the ugly stuff) on social media does not make for a trusted manufacturer. Hiding a potential issue from customers is flat out deceitful. This is one of the biggest reasons so many dealers, customers, and even staff shooters are walking away from another brand.

I've always been a firm proponent of Mathews' customer service, but customer service also means being able to admit publicly that there are issues.

Registered
I didn鈥檛 see anything wrong with the video and thought it was a honest review and was liking the draw of the 33.
I was impressed to see you showed the truth and knew Mathews would take care of the limb as they are a stand up company just like most of the other bow manufacturers
I鈥檓 my opinion it looks bad when you change the title and then make it private like you are wanting to hide something but I am assuming Mathews got pretty worked up about it and was very persuasive about taking it down?
I don鈥檛 think there is anything to hide if your just telling the truth.
For what it鈥檚 worth I have owned most of the flagship Mathews over the years and like some of them but I have also seen more than one limb come apart in the pro shop on the last couple of Mathews new releases.
We
Think you mentioned in the video you were a 27.5 inch draw. I just shot the V3s and the V3Xs today. On the 27 I was spot on at 27.5. On the 29, 31 and 33 I was a 27. 29 and 31 felt almost identical to me. 33 I liked the stability but being on the front end of the draw length left very little valley. Bow felt like it wanted to go If I relaxed even for an instant.

Went 31 due to economics and the fact that I鈥檝e already invested in my sights and Hamskea rests. Great bows.
yes sir you care correct, I float between 27-27.5. I didn鈥檛 shoot the x33 at my draw length but I did the 29 after we received the new limb today. I think the 31 or the 29 you couldn鈥檛 have gone wrong with. The 27 is a hair too short for my liking. The valley I feel is a little shorter but I personally like that, it鈥檒l keep people honest in the back wall and help with creating a better surprise shot.

Registered
There are a lot of comments here about Mathews customer service and how they treat the customer but don't they only work with a dealer in a warranty situation?
I currently own 3 Mathews and have probably had a dozen over the years and never had an issue so I'm not trying to stir up the nest, just curious.

Registered
There are a lot of comments here about Mathews customer service and how they treat the customer but don't they only work with a dealer in a warranty situation?
I currently own 3 Mathews and have probably had a dozen over the years and never had an issue so I'm not trying to stir up the nest, just curious.
Correct they are very dealer oriented鈥 they want the consumer to support the dealer. It keeps shops afloat and weeds out the weak shops. I appreciate the fact they keep direct to consumer sales out of their business model.

Registered
Correct they are very dealer oriented鈥 they want the consumer to support the dealer. It keeps shops afloat and weeds out the weak shops. I appreciate the fact they keep direct to consumer sales out of their business model.
Thanks. I definitely agree with supporting the dealer, I just wasn't sure after reading some of the comments and thought they may have changed their policy.
Either way I'm glad I've never needed to find out!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks. I definitely agree with supporting the dealer, I just wasn't sure after reading some of the comments and thought they may have changed their policy.
Either way I'm glad I've never needed to find out!

We honestly never see much warranty work with Mathew鈥檚 bows. This is the first limb crack or splinter I鈥檝e seen from them in years (since halon series). What people won鈥檛 tell you is that all limbs come from Gordon鈥檚 glass from what I鈥檝e seen and have been told. The way they鈥檙e cut and made is what can separate one limbs ridgidy from the next.

Registered
We honestly never see much warranty work with Mathew鈥檚 bows. This is the first limb crack or splinter I鈥檝e seen from them in years (since halon series). What people won鈥檛 tell you is that all limbs come from Gordon鈥檚 glass from what I鈥檝e seen and have been told. The way they鈥檙e cut and made is what can separate one limbs ridgidy from the next.
Not much different than a stress crack in a boat hull I'm guessing. It's still laminate and a lot of factors play into that with cloth, resin, the possibility of air bubbles, etc.
For the number they produce it's amazing how few issues they have and like several above me said, it's not about having an issue, it's about how they resolve it.

61 - 80 of 134 Posts