Archery Talk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jesus everyone relax , **** happens. These things are only 1400$ and come with a full warranty. Not the end of the world. As much as I think it’s not a biggie, it’s weird to have Mathews make them change the video in any way. To me them covering it up is way more negative than a random limb breaking.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Jesus everyone relax , **** happens. These things are only 1400$ and come with a full warranty. Not the end of the world. As much as I think it’s not a biggie, it’s weird to have Mathews make them change the video in any way. To me them covering it up is way more negative than a random limb breaking.
Exactly. The limb popping didn't concern me as those things can happen. But, requesting a video be deleted that shows it happening seems very problematic. That would give me more pause in purchasing a Mathews then the limb cracking. Dealers should be aware that there is this possibility.

Bowtech's biggest issue was more them denying there was a problem. Sure they replaced limbs under warranty. But had they owned the issue up front and started fixing it, there reputation would be much different.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Pretty sure the bow is a V3X not VX3 just saying. And you remember what forest found out on his run don’t you? Sh&@ happens! One failure from Mathews new bow will not dethrone the king👊
Agree, but if it was a one time thing, why would Mathews tell them to remove the video. Only the guilty, or insecure, have something to hide.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Those ravenous Mathews fanboi’s!

Seriously, though….BT had what, 5-6 years of limbs popping?
And what did them in was their vehement public denial. Sure they warrantied the limbs, but had they just owned it and taken care of the real problem, their reputation would have been clean. Mathews, having this video removed, kinda puts them on that same level.

Again, if it was a one time thing, why hide it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
And what did them in was their vehement public denial. Sure they warrantied the limbs, but had they just owned it and taken care of the real problem, their reputation would have been clean. Mathews, having this video removed, kinda puts them on that same level.

Mathew’s didn’t make us remove the video, we decided due to the attention it was getting for the limb instead of their service to dealers; we thought it would be best in our interests to take it down.

·
Registered
188 Posts

We decided to remove it based on the fact that the audiences main focus was on the limb instead of how great they treat us (all their dealers). We’re well aware of the attention this video has received and have had many other higher ups see the video, some good attention and some attention that wasn’t intended to be brought upon.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Agree, but if it was a one time thing, why would Mathews tell them to remove the video. Only the guilty, or insecure, have something to hide.
Mathew’s never asked us to remove the video, we did this out of the negative connotation the video has received. We thought people would have realized “wow Mathew’s really takes care of their dealers and gets things done fast.” Instead the focus was solely on a limb crack that every company ever to exist has had happen. No company is excluded from a limb cracking from time to time…

·
Registered
188 Posts
What bow company would do any different? None
I’ve talked to other reps who said they would have reimburse the cost it took to make the video and sent a call tag for the entire bow, but when I spoke to an individual at Mathew’s and informed them the code of the video, that individual said they understand and do what we need to do for the video.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Mathew’s didn’t make us remove the video, we decided due to the attention it was getting for the limb instead of their service to dealers; we thought it would be best in our interests to take it down.
We decided to remove it based on the fact that the audiences main focus was on the limb instead of how great they treat us (all their dealers). We’re well aware of the attention this video has received and have had many other higher ups see the video, some good attention and some attention that wasn’t intended to be brought upon.
Mathew’s never asked us to remove the video, we did this out of the negative connotation the video has received. We thought people would have realized “wow Mathew’s really takes care of their dealers and gets things done fast.” Instead the focus was solely on a limb crack that every company ever to exist has had happen. No company is excluded from a limb cracking from time to time…
We were requested to, so we obliged.
So who asked you to remove the videos? Hiding a video showing a limb failure, to save face, is still very problematic.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So who asked you to remove the videos? Hiding a video showing a limb failure, to save face, is still very problematic.
As a small business owner who buys directly from large firearms manufacturers I can see why the video was removed as my relationships with those companies has a huge effect on my income. I learned a long time ago my ego doesn’t feed my family. Now from an average consumers point of view it’s shady as hell…

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
What bow company would do any different? None
Actually, there is only one other bow company that has demanded the removal of any negative social media. And that has included the banning of many people posting comments of frustration with said company. Most will either ignore it, or respond directly to it.

If Mathews requested the removal, or even if it was a rep or group of other dealers, that is problematic. Again, if it's an isolated issue, why hide it? Just respond directly to it.

As a small business owner who buys directly from large firearms manufacturers I can see why the video was removed as my relationships with those companies have a huge effect on my income. Now from an average consumers point of view it’s shady as hell…
I could see if they had simply chosen to remove it themselves. But they specifically said they were "requested" to remove it. Sounds a bit more like pressure.

·
Registered
188 Posts
We want to keep our relationship with all the companies we deal with in tact, with that being said everyone has just about seen this video. Presidents of other bow companies, VP’s, exc. to say Mathew’s has a limb issue is to say that Biden has the cognitive ability to lead this country.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Actually, there is only one other bow company that has demanded the removal of any negative social media. And that has included the banning of many people posting comments of frustration with said company. Most will either ignore it, or respond directly to it.

If Mathews requested the removal, or even if it was a rep or group of other dealers, that is problematic. Again, if it's an isolated issue, why hide it? Just respond directly to it.

I could see if they had simply chosen to remove it themselves. But they specifically said they were "requested" to remove it. Sounds a bit more like pressure.
You’re argument here is stupid

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes sir I agree with you. I’m not making excuses for them but when it’s your business, your mortgage, additional employees relying on you, and my life’s work it’s a different animal all together.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts