Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon guys,

Currently shooting a VXR 31.5 ; just swapped out some strings and Everything is looking correct. 29.5 draw, peaks at 69.8 lbs and holds at 10.6 with 85% let off mods; timing is spot on. ATA is 31.7" and brace is 6"

Question : Is it normal for the timing holes to be off while everything is in spec. (photo below).

If I were to either put twists into my strings or take twists out of my cables to get the timing holes correct it would either drop my poundage under peak or increase my holding weight higher than 85%. Anyone experience this on the VXR? bow timing.jpg

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
If you add twists to both strings and cables, it would eventually get in spec. The cables are supposed to go through the center of those timing holes in the cams, which would mean you have to add several twists to the string. I’m assuming you have a 70 lb bow and most come in between 72-74 lbs, so you could definitely add some twists to the cables as well. Eventually, it will even out if the strings and cables are the correct length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Dots are just a rough reference; timing/sync at full draw and final tune are the important things.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adding twists to the string will increase hold weight and lower peak weight. This would mean I would need to twist both the cables and strings. The issue with this is --it would cause my holding weight to go up although both the string and cables are being twisted. The other issue this causes is with the amount of twists I would need to put in the string; peep rotation would now be a problem as my string would look like a piece of twisted steel. Receiving strings/ cables slightly longer than I should have is a possibility

1 - 4 of 4 Posts