Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Putting this out their to see if anybody knows what the difference between the 85% & 80% LO mods will give me in terms of arrow speed? I'm considering the 80% mods for more holding weight since I know I tend to be pretty soft on the back wall. If anybody has any information TIA!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I also prefer a little more holding weight, I still prefer the 85% mods though. The 80% mods reduce the valley and draw length slightly, the speed remains about the same, mine was actually 1fps slower with the 80% mods. I had high hopes for the 80% mods until I shot them, it almost feels like you stop just before you get into the valley. I know some people prefer them but they just aren't for me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've tried a 75% and an 85% in my HTR and I will go with the 85% every time. I don't know if it's just my bow model but once I dropped to the 75%, the string wanted to jump. This isn't a draw length issue and other people have mentioned it too. I shoot much better with the 85% and the negligible difference in speed wasn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
Every one we have sold is 85%. Speed difference doesn't really come into play for 5%. It's all about comfort and what your looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts