Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been trying new glue for fletching i have used goat tuff fletch tite platiumn and a few orthers now i am using loc tite super glue ultra gel but i am still getting the white when the glue is dry is there a glue that wont leave the white or is there a way to get the white off

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I believe thats glue exposed to the air is all.

Your using to much glue

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I believe thats glue exposed to the air is all.

Your using to much glue
+1 try the loctite control gel with a brush.

this stuff makes it super easy to get just enough on there without having run off or excess.
it really makes fletching great

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
white on arrows

I think it is a chemical reaction between the glue and carbon arrows, I usually am able to wipe it off after the glue dries or take a q-tip with a little bit of acetone and lightly rub it off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Yep, alcohol takes it right off!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
humidity causes the 'frost'

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I shoot feathers and use fletching tape. No residue at all, but when I'm out of tape, I use Bohning Instant gel. When I apply the gel to the base, I run the edge of a stiff piece of paper, knife blade or what ever over the base to remove the excess glue before sticking it to the shaft. It doesn't take a lot of glue and you will have cleaner arrows. I made some messed up looking arrows before I learned that it didn't take a lot of glue!

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I shoot feathers and use fletching tape. No residue at all, but when I'm out of tape, I use Bohning Instant gel. When I apply the gel to the base, I run the edge of a stiff piece of paper, knife blade or what ever over the base to remove the excess glue before sticking it to the shaft. It doesn't take a lot of glue and you will have cleaner arrows. I made some messed up looking arrows before I learned that it didn't take a lot of glue!
haha same here brother.

one day it dawned on me..."maybe if i use less glue....":confused:

and what do ya know?:mg::embara:

·
Registered
336 Posts
humidity causes the 'frost'
fingerprints will craze up too if the fumes get on em. If you wipe the vanes as soon as you get em out of the jig that cuts down on the crazing. Too much glue starts it and not wiping finishes it. I learned not too long ago that you only need a film of glue on the vane, not even a bead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts