Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a promise to my wife & I stuck to it. The promise was that as soon as late archery opened here in Idaho that I would wack a deer buck or not no biggie. It still was a lot of fun. I wacked a doe today shot her @ 21.5 yards. Complete pass thru Termanel T-Lock B.H. she ran about 80 yards & pilled up. It was sweet blood trail wish you all were there to enjoy it with me. Hip Hip Hooray for the new Term. T-Lock. Any ways here is a couple of pics. Just a foot note she wacked a doe yesterday with her bow & it had a Radio collar, took it to Idaho F"n"G. today & they aged her deer between 8 & 9 yrs. old. The one I shot they aged between 6.5 to 7 yrs. old.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Congrats! Meat in the freezer and backstraps on the grill!:thumbs_up

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Hey, you're right about that.... it's still a ton of FUN!!! CONGRATS!

You could have picked a better lookin' photo though ?!? :wink:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Congrats ..

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
congrats to you and your wife! shooting a doe that old does not just happen, those are some super smart animals!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey, you're right about that.... it's still a ton of FUN!!! CONGRATS!

You could have picked a better lookin' photo though ?!? :wink:
Yeah, How dare you take a pic of that doe with all the garbage in the back of your truck.:embara:

Nice job on getting that doe, Congratz.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,204 Posts
Congratulations! Venison for tonights dinner! :wink:

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
no invite to come over for tloins? we've lost something here, man. we've lost something.

·
Registered
196 Posts
congrates on the nice doe bud

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a1hoyt.ca

Sorry about the pic I had troubles last night loading pics had a couple others that I could not load for some reason I will try & load them right now.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Always fun to pop a doe. A doe that old is a pretty challenging animal to hunt. My brother shot one today. 403 yards with my dads 300 wetherby. I haven't heard him so excited for quite a while. Congrats man. BACKSTRAPS!!!!

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a1hoyt.ca

Hers is a pic of the wifes doa as well it has an ear tag #13 it also had a Radio Color on it but we fogot to snap a photo of it. But hopefully this is a couple better pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
6.5 - 7.5 yr old doe is every bit as cunning as 2.5-3.5 yr old buck, possibly more so. Grats bud.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
re

Congrats on the deer. I love whacking does. The does we have in the freezer taste so much better than the buck we have. LOL NO comarison

1 - 20 of 25 Posts