Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the new guys that have been influenced by the non-rule reading others.

Close thread option is under the Thread Tools (^ look up). Payment falls through, open it back up again. Reverse process opens thread up again. Don't cost nuthin. A monkey could do it!

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I hear ya, nothing more frustrating than reading through the whole thread to find out the item was sold a week ago!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I get it too!
There is nothing more irritating than finding a bow at a price you can afford and send a PM only to be told it is already sold. :angry:
Please guys, close your threads.

·
Registered
238 Posts
For the new guys that have been influenced by the non-rule reading others.

Close thread option is under the Thread Tools (^ look up). Payment falls through, open it back up again. Reverse process opens thread up again. Don't cost nuthin. A monkey could do it!

I never heard about the reverse process part that opened an old thread back up and didn't want to open a new thread with a link to the pics in an old thread...
Thanks for the info. :cheers:

·
strayarrow
2,407 Posts
yep

what they said!!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Simple Simple Simple, all the time read down through and item is sold or pending payment.:thumbs_do

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
as stated above

Yep most of us understand the concept..But for those who dont Close your threads!!! Waiting for payment and better yet the sold threads close them please.!!!!

·
Yippiee ki-yay
3,602 Posts
So easy a monkey or caveman can do it but not a lazy human.:D

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
By what I have observed, the new guys do this better than those with stars beside their user name.

·
Team 4 Play
17,305 Posts
Actually I will have to disagre with this to a point.
The ONLY thing MORE frustrating, is trying to make a deal on a bow that is listed, send a couple of pms wanting to make an offer and even give my phone #, send a message to their profile page AND reply to their thread, only to see they have logged into AT at least 5 times since I first contacted them and their thread isn't closed and they haven't responded to any of the messages :fuming: Seems I can't GIVE MY MONEY AWAY :thumbs_do
I hear ya, nothing more frustrating than reading through the whole thread to find out the item was sold a week ago!

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
yes i agree. i hate looking through thread and sending PMs to find out its sold.

takes 2 sec to closse a thread

·
Registered
871 Posts
Arguably more annoying and also a recent trend --- having no feedback and not filling out your profile or providing some means to let everybody know that you're not a pocket-picker from Nigeria

Also related to this - not posting any pics of your items or asking people to send an email address that you'd like to receive the pics at. You know everybody is going to ask, just upload them on the post.

Been out of the AT game for a while, but things have changed a little and I'm guessing due to the increased activity.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Maybe invoke a rule that if a member see's that a item is sold, they can forward that thread to a mod and the mod can close it. Esp when the OP'er has a reply that says it's SPF or something like that.

Some people just don't get it and then get nasty when you ask them to close their thread.

·
"country"
7,988 Posts
TO THE TOP----!!!!!!! the mods should hand out warnings for this but i guess too many threads to keep up with--Read the rules close your thread if it dont sell open back up

·
Registered
871 Posts
Maybe some type of "report" button would be good.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts