Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain this process to me and what advantages it gives you.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
You can do a search on here for walkback tuning or easton's tuning guide at easton archery. It helps out your centershot.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It really boils down to a very involved process to adjust your windage via the rest as opposed to the much easier method of simply adjusting your sight. (Assuming you can eyeball a close proximity for centershot).

Some people dont seem to correlate the fact that if your windage is off, the further back you go, the further off your impact is. Properly adjusted windage settings will cause perfect vertical grouping across a wide range of horizontal rest adjustment.

For target shooting, nock height (or rest height) adjustments seem to make a much more discernable difference in grouping qualities.

For fixed blade broadheads, walk back may have some merit but I cant say since I dont tune broadheads anymore.

·
Registered
136 Posts
bowbender7 said:
It really boils down to a very involved process to adjust your windage via the rest as opposed to the much easier method of simply adjusting your sight. (Assuming you can eyeball a close proximity for centershot).

Some people dont seem to correlate the fact that if your windage is off, the further back you go, the further off your impact is. Properly adjusted windage settings will cause perfect vertical grouping across a wide range of horizontal rest adjustment.
In so many words, walk back tuning is a lot of hooey?

Don't know. Just started playing around with it. Before I tried walk back tuning, my windage adjustment would be dead center at 20 meters, but when I moved back to 50 meters or beyond, I'll be hitting way left.

But perhaps you are saying something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts