Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
It starts to look like a left rest adjustment....then not. :confused:

Did you shoot when it was calm out?

Did you set 3rd Axis first (still doesn't explain the group coming back unless its an up/down target range)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Might be the ammo

Check your arrows, The middle ones may be off...try moving the nock. I would'nt change your setup till I ruled out arrow problems

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am rh and They are about 1.5 to 2inches. I shot about three at each different yardage and this is where they grouped? weird I know.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Looks like an arrow spine issue. Try adjust your poundage and see if it changes anything.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What sight are you shooting?
Are the pins heads exactly the same (in line with each other)?

I have ran into these problems when sight pins don't line up.
Not much variance to be off that much at 30yds.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Looks like an arrow spine issue. Try adjust your poundage and see if it changes anything.
This is the mostly likely reason, assuming everything was set up properly first (like the 2nd and 3rd axis on your sight). And, of course, that you shot paper first to verify things like nock/rest height, fletching and face contact, hand torque, etc....

If you already checked with paper and there were no issues there try taking a turn off your limb bolts.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

:thumbs_up...i've got a sight just like that and even though it's not much difference in pin length....at 30yds it's a lot.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts

This is the mostly likely reason, assuming everything was set up properly first (like the 2nd and 3rd axis on your sight). And, of course, that you shot paper first to verify things like nock/rest height, fletching and face contact, hand torque, etc....

If you already checked with paper and there were no issues there try taking a turn off your limb bolts.

:thumbs_up...i've got a sight just like that and even though it's not much difference in pin length....at 30yds it's a lot.
But for walkback tuning you only use your 20 yard (or closest setting), that's why the other arrows drop lower. :wink:

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I only used one pin and made sure I was level. I will try to back of the poundage a turn or two and see what happens.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Here is what I am getting. What do I need to do?
It looks like there could be two things going on... First, you need to move your rest to the left slightly... maybe 1/16". Next make sure your sight 2nd and 3rd axis is set.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks like a classic centreshot error, the closer arrows are close to the line because:
a) they have not had as much time to travel sideways, thus arnt far off the axis yet.
b) closer distances dont require as fine a sight setting to hit the line. They may indeed be off the exact line, and the line formed by you putting your pin on the line, but that doesnt mean the pin is right. You could nudge that pin over to the right by a 32nd and barely change a thing. Do the same for longer sight settings and your groups will move a mile.

No spine issues here, just nudge that centreshot to the left, adjust the sights again and repeat. This is the process working :thumbs_up

·
The business is finished
2,949 Posts
Weak spine would explain it.
Agreed. I think this pattern was actually covered in one of the old threads. I swear I remember reading about this exact pattern and "weak spine" was the diagnosis. I searched and searched but...to no avail to find it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
What arrows?

I am wondering what arrows you are shooting? I have seen some carbons have spine issues even within same spine. Take out the arrows that are shooting right and shoot some different arrows at that distance and see if the same pattern happens. It it does try adjusting your weight either up or down and see if that makes a difference. I am fairly sure the problem lies in your arrows not the tuning od your bow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts