Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to work today a friend told me some shocking news. From what I was told this guys father had talked to a local DNR officer last weekend. The DNR officer told him that a 15 year old kid had killed the "Walking World Record" deer with a muzzleloader. This is the same buck that is in the Primetime Bucks 5 or 6 I cant remember. The kid lives in Albia which is in Monroe County. Hope to have more information soon.

I know stories like this come up every year but maybe this one is true?

Bryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
oh yeah i forgot, the deer shot by the 15 year old isnt the Walking Record, it scored 211. i dont want to confuse anyone but i havent gathered through hours of reading and searching that the Walking Record has been shot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
4000fps...the way I understand it, you are correct. The Albia buck IS the Walking World Record, made famous in the Prime Time 6 video. The 211" buck was taken earlier by a youth in Iowa. The Albia buck is the second huge whitetail taken by an Iowa youth. Not sure what the Albia buck will score but should be well over 211". Can't wait to see pictures but looks like nobodys seen any yet. Pictures of the 211" are posted on Iowadeer.com

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here's the latest on the Walking World Record (from Iowadeer.com). A 14 year-old shot the Albia buck (from Prime Time 6 video), which supposedly has 39 scorable points, 4 drop tines. Per the Iowa DNR officer, the buck has been green scored at 344 4/8 Gross, which should make it close to the highest scoring hunter-killed buck, if not the highest. So far, no pictures.
Thats all I know so far. All of the info has come from Iowadeer.com. Check it out.

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,184 Posts
WOW!!!

All I can say is wow! That deer grew 22" from IowaDeer to here. 322 4/8" not 344 4/8:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
good lord, that must be a monster!! Way to go....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dan is correct as are most of you. The deer scored 322 4/8. It was shot with a muzzle loader and is the same deer that was on the TV show. The kid is 15 yaers old, my only question is who is going to be the top bidder for the rack?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts