Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new string for my Bear Kodiak Magnum and needed a spot where it could be strung and out of the way. An un-used guitar wall hanger seems to be working just fine. Plus, it looks pretty sweet next to my '65 Gibson LGO!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It isn't for permanent storage. Since I just put the new string on I wanted to be able to grab the bow and loose a few shots on the back patio when I got a hankerin' to do so. I also ordered a Bear Weatherest to try in place of the hair rest and strike plate. Once I get everything setup on the new string I'll put her back in the bow sleeve when I'm not shooting.

And Sanford, those LGO's are sweet guitars. I bought mine on ebay about 8 years ago. Had a local luthier replace the plastic bridge with a hand made rosewood bridge, and the plastic nut and saddle with bone.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Shorthairhunter, those bridges were an issue. Mine became unplayable due to the bridge rising up loose until I had the same thing done you done with a new wood one about 10 years ago. Not sure the year, but I know my mom bought for my dad used from a pawn shop around the early sixties, maybe earlier. There seems to still be a fair number of them trading out there from my last check.

On the bow. If you can store it safe and shooting a lot, leaving strung is no problem with a glass bow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts