Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a Mathews Icon but the only thing keeping me away is that I prefer a hard wall when shooting. Is the softer wall on the Icon something you get used to shooting well or should I stay with the harder cam bows
Northwoods

·
Registered
301 Posts
ICON Wall

Any of the ICON cams 28.5 and shorter have a solid wall. 29" and up are spongy...

·
74,535 Posts
Like MIne

Whats wrong with soft wall. I always thought hard wall was better. But after much debating with my coach who knows a heck af lot more than me. I realized what he was telling me and bought one. I really have begun to like the Icon but the test will come right after hunting season when indoor starts.

Its one smooth bow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Soft Wall

Nothing wrong with a soft wall per-se but it is much easier to avoid the dreded "creep" when you have a solid wall. The creep is more likely to come into play on a soft wall.

Hope that makes sense.

kward-

I agree that the short draws are very solid on the ICON but...they are slower than stink off "you know what"...

I have an ICON and an UltraTec (very smooth as well). I love both bows but...with the exact same set-up, arrows, draw length and lbs., the UltraTec is 17 FPS faster than my ICON...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I like the Icon, it takes some getting used to and as Daniel said some really good shooters use the Icon.

I have a 30" draw & it does have a soft wall. once you get used to it you will be fine shape. I was frustrated at first but after shooting it for a while & giving it a fair chance I am starting to really like it.

So far the Icon is the smoothest bow I have shot. It is the real deal when it comes to that. think for the average hunter it would make a great hunting bow as well. I can't wait till indoor season so I can really give it a test drive on the spots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts