Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Team -Third Times a Charm
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a dozen carbon express exacta arrows, 29 inches rated up to 70lbs with inserts, nocs, and helical blazers.
Got them for $1.50 each on the clearance shelf!
I don't even have to cut them!
Even if only half of them fly true, it is a steal.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Shoot them awhile and see how they group and stuff...yes, then it would be a pretty good deal for sure...good price,,,get back on and tell us how they shoot...thanks, Dave

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
WALMART arrows...... OMG, I've heard it all now !!! LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
They fly good out of my recurve.Stripped them and put 5" feathers on and they group about like my Easton s.....I bet cornfed spends over $100 on a dozen "

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
i also use them out of my recurve. they are actually not bad at all. they are really heavy though. 11.3gpi. i have shot them out of my xforce they did fine. im sure they were underspined but i never put a bh on to check. i also shoot them at rabbits. the fletchings on them are hella cheap but i just refletched them with either 4 or 5" vanes or 4" feathers and they fly good.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I bought some for broadhead teasting. They would split at the nock end when i hit solid bone.
They grouped ok. I would use them on a budget. Check them good after a solid hit, or a miss.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
i shot them out of my xforce again today. slapped them together several times today no cracking. i dont think they are nearly as consistant as my gold tips but deff fine if i was on a budget. i may even put a bh on in a few days to see if they will fly well at 300+fps.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I bought some also towards the end of November. I shot them with BH and FP along w my HT-2's and they grouped together. They seem pretty tough. I slap shafts everyday with them and no problems. I got the camo ones and they pull out from the 3D target hard. I'll be sanding the first few inches smooth. The Blazer wanna-be's are holding up fairly well. Shot one vane off two different arrows at 30yds. I initially got them for **** and possum,but after seeing how well they fly with 4 different brands of broadheads,I'll get more for deer. I never considered it before,but I decided I didn't want to be like most on AT and bash something without trying it. Unless,of course,it's a Rage.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Found this thread on a search after picking up a couple of these Exactas just to try, looking for a lighter arrow than my CE 250s. I can't find any information or specs to compare so I put them on my digital scales and found they are a good bit lighter. They also seem to be of a slightly smaller diameter. I fletched them exactly as I do my CEs, with 4" barred TruFlights. Flight was excellant, penetrated slightly further than a comparable Heritage 250, and hit about 2"-3" higher. I think I may be able to stretch my "comfortable" yardage out a few paces with these and a 100 grain COC broadhead.

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
I bought all they had on the clearance isle at several area Wal-Marts for $1 and $1.50 each. I got 41! I have some kids on my street who are getting into archery and I hooked them up with a half dozen each. I've refletched them several times since then and had to cut a few a bit shorter as some were damaged by missing the target and hitting a post or rock. For the most part, they fly great out of their bows. One of the kids has a 60#, 29" Bear Truth 2 he bought at a yard sale. I put an older Bodoodle Game dropper rest on it and a truglo extreme sight and helped him get it tuned. I gave him several Muzzy 100's that I had in the tackle box and within minutes he had them grouping with the field tips perfectly at 30 yards. For cheap arrows and inexpensive broadheads, he is set and ready for deer season. He shoots more than anybody I know, and for someone who has only been shooting a bow less than a year, he is really good. Are there better arrows? Most definitely. Will these arrows shoot well and hold up? So far so good, but the accuracy from them is a lot better than I ever dreamed they would be. I can't wait until the clearance sale at the end of this season, I plan on buying all I can find and hooking some kids up!

·
Registered
11,448 Posts
I bought some for my G-son after he lost all his arrows at a 3-D shoot & they shoot well for him. He has Easton XX75s for hunting this fall & I could not see him loosing them since I'm the one "buying".

·
Bloody Arrow = Happiness!
5,473 Posts
I bought all they had on the clearance isle at several area Wal-Marts for $1 and $1.50 each. I got 41! I have some kids on my street who are getting into archery and I hooked them up with a half dozen each. I've refletched them several times since then and had to cut a few a bit shorter as some were damaged by missing the target and hitting a post or rock. For the most part, they fly great out of their bows. One of the kids has a 60#, 29" Bear Truth 2 he bought at a yard sale. I put an older Bodoodle Game dropper rest on it and a truglo extreme sight and helped him get it tuned. I gave him several Muzzy 100's that I had in the tackle box and within minutes he had them grouping with the field tips perfectly at 30 yards. For cheap arrows and inexpensive broadheads, he is set and ready for deer season. He shoots more than anybody I know, and for someone who has only been shooting a bow less than a year, he is really good. Are there better arrows? Most definitely. Will these arrows shoot well and hold up? So far so good, but the accuracy from them is a lot better than I ever dreamed they would be. I can't wait until the clearance sale at the end of this season, I plan on buying all I can find and hooking some kids up!
Thats GREAT! What your doing will insure that archery goes on and stays strong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts