Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your input guys? I'm buying a Bowtech and know that I don't like the grip so I made one out of pecan..(haven't slotted it for the handle yet) then I thought...maybe I can make some on the side for fun for different bows. Would anyone be interested in buying them for 25-30 bucks if they were good quality? I am going to buy some cocabola wood and make me another one and when I get it finished I will post a pic. But was curious if anyone would be interested. I am sure I could make them cheaper than larger companies but couldn't do that many...just give me your thoughts..want to know kinda what market is out there. ( I know it depends on quality, etc..but just assume it would be high quality and can be customized.)

·
74,535 Posts
Tronjo is the man

He can build any grip

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
He can build any grip
I shot Sagecreeks bow that had one on it and it was a great feeling grip. If I need one that is where I will get it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Custom Grips

Johnson Grips

www.johnsongrips.com

Scott makes beautiful custom grips for Bowtechs as well as all other brands of bows.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I will echo Tallcat and recommend Johnson Grips as well.

Scott is darn good at what he does. He will work his butt off to make you a grip you are pleased with!!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Thanks everyone, but my custom bowtech grips are still a work in progress. I am getting close, but no cigar yet.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I think everyone missed the point :mg: He is not looking for custom grips. He is making them.

3Dfreak, when you finish them, post a photo.

Darrel

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Maybe that the folks who replied about their favorite grip makers are trying to tell the poster that there are enough custom grip makers around already.
He needs to know the level of competetion that he is facing. JMHO

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm green to this forum( I spend most of my time on realtree's forum) but I'm in the market for a custom bowtech grip and yes I would be interested. I do know that I want something neutral color and I do want it engraved. (I want buck tracks up the side of the grip and something written on the other side. Post some picks when you are done, I really appreciate good handy work.

James

'07 Bowtech Guardian

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would be intersted

Need your input guys? I'm buying a Bowtech and know that I don't like the grip so I made one out of pecan..(haven't slotted it for the handle yet) then I thought...maybe I can make some on the side for fun for different bows. Would anyone be interested in buying them for 25-30 bucks if they were good quality? I am going to buy some cocabola wood and make me another one and when I get it finished I will post a pic. But was curious if anyone would be interested. I am sure I could make them cheaper than larger companies but couldn't do that many...just give me your thoughts..want to know kinda what market is out there. ( I know it depends on quality, etc..but just assume it would be high quality and can be customized.)
I have a PSE bow madness XL & hate the grip would definietly be intersted in seeing what you can do so give me a shout thank you.... drptinesbutkus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts