Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to buy a BT release but need suggestiions. Any advice would be greatly appreciate. THANKS for your TIME, GOD BLESS ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
The original Stanislawski is pretty hard to beat. Mine is 20+ years old and has about a bazillion arrows through it without issue. I replace the string every couple of years and that's about it.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Im new to this too. I bought the TruBall Sweet spot 3. It has a built in safty so you wont punch yourself in the face. It will take you awhile to get the hang of it, start with a loop of string in your DL add a handle {piece of cut hose} and practice with that for a few weeks before shooting your bow. GL :cocktail:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
cnorth said:
Ready to buy a BT release but need suggestiions. Any advice would be greatly appreciate. THANKS for your TIME, GOD BLESS ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As mentioned.The Carter Evolution.I have one on order and I believe it could be the final solution(I hope):)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
back

I think the best release to start with is the T.R.U. Ball Little Boss!
You can use it as a BT and if you see that you cant shoot BT use the thumb trigger.
I shoot it and have done well using it as a BT.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
vonottoexperien said:
Im new to this too. I bought the TruBall Sweet spot 3. It has a built in safty so you wont punch yourself in the face. It will take you awhile to get the hang of it, start with a loop of string in your DL add a handle {piece of cut hose} and practice with that for a few weeks before shooting your bow. GL :cocktail:
well at least not until the saftey fails.

my first one was a zenith i still have it and still shoot it as a backup.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm in agreement for the Stan. I've shot TONS of arrows with my original 4 finger blue Stan. The only change I've made is I've added the dloop head to it. I love it...

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I want to try the Carter Evolutoin next.

Just pull through the shot. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If you're limited in funds and want to learn the old fashioned way, a Zenith with a "flip it" head, about $80 new. If price is not an issue and you have medium to large hands, the Carter Evolution, about $160.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Another vote here for Zenith. Get yourself a Comfort Xcel with the Flip-it head and don't ever look back. There isn't a better release out ther for the money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Zenith has my vote!

There arent enough good things to say about my Zenith release. I got the sure fire training kit which comes with 3 cam options (practice, smooth, and .006 clicker cam.) I use the clicker cam and also got the flip-it head upgrade. I spent about $95 on the kit and it has more than paid for itself. No target panic left in me, 2 inch groups at 30 yards, and it holds solid as a rock!

Joe is a super cool guy to work with. The release is second to none in the cam and dump style. Get a Zenith!!!!!!

No matter wich release you get, it will take time and patients to learn back tension. Dont expect to get good in a day. But after you have disciplined yourself to shoot a BT release, you will never wanna shoot anything else.

Goodluck!!!!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Viper69 said:
Stan SuperX is awesome!
This is a trigger release, but CAN be shot with back tension. Not as good as a pure back tension release to learn with.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I wanted a BT release and instead got a good crossover. I bought a Copper John/Stan Eagle. It is a 2 finger model with a leather buckle strap. It CAN be fired with back tension no problem. I will buy a pure back tension model before the indoor leagues fire back up, but I may stick with the Eagle. My scores are back up to normal and actually surpassing my prior scores, but not by much. The beauty of this release is how easy it is to switch from a triggered caliper-style release.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts