Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with a choosing a new quiver. Have a Mathews T5 on my Z7 which I like but to me sort of a pain taking on and off easily and quietly. Plus I store my bow in my case every night and have to take it off to close the lid. I have used Bohning Lynx quivers in past and I love them but being a sight mounted quiver with no adjustment my long arrows (29") hang below bottom cam. I like the apex design because of adjustment to solve that problem but some claim magnetic system sucks. And before anyone starts saying it I am NOT interested in the Tightspot. I bought one and it was great looking and well built but I shoot mechanicals and hood did not cover Broadheads to my liking. So please let's not make this topic about Tightspot. Anything but that so I can start to research. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'm using the octane mag hood 2 piece like it theres also a 1 piece if you want to keep your arrows in it for storage

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are pretty heavy though aren't they?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
not too bad but it did pork the rig up a tad bit it works good for me originaly got it because the diamond quiver I picked up when I bought the bow wouldn't hold my vaps now switched to fmj's but still like the quiver also looked at the trophy ridge arrow cage thought it was cool but my buddy at the shop gave me a better price on the octane

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the Bohning lynx 4 arrow quiver. Just wish there was a way to attach it somewhere higher on the bow other than the sight

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Check out the zin quiver from Athens. It had about 8 inches of vertical travel and a built in tree hook so you can hang it and your bow in the tree in the same spot. It comes in 4 or 6 arrow versions and can be dipped to match almost any pattern you want.

·
Registered
935 Posts
im gonna order a soft lok for the new bow this week

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out the zin quiver from Athens. It had about 8 inches of vertical travel and a built in tree hook so you can hang it and your bow in the tree in the same spot. It comes in 4 or 6 arrow versions and can be dipped to match almost any pattern you want.
Googling now

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No go on Athens. Another $100+ quiver. Looks nice but not for that price

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
TruGlo makes a new quiver that looks pretty nice. Cant for the life of me remember what the name of it was though. Seems like it was in the $60 range

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Kwikee quiver is the cheapest and easy to take on and off quickly and quietly
I mounted an extra quiver mount on my tree stand

Mike

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just ordered a tru glo loc down for $30. Also do the kwikee quivers mount to sight and if so is there any adjustment to move it up. Also looks like kwikee has a model with riser bracket with harmonic Dampener

1 - 13 of 13 Posts