Archery Talk Forum banner

want to change from my tube site

780 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  donmega
Ok after my first year of Bow hunting I have had my site "tube" snap on me once already, luckily it was just during practice & I did not get hit in the face.. A friend told me that my string should be broke in enough where I could graduate to a tubless site if i desired.

what should I look for in a tubles site? I wear glass's if that makes a difference.

any & all advice is welcome

I THANK YOU!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
I think you mean your "peep" right? Just pick up one up at your local pro shop or a Bass Pro/Cabelas and they'll usually put it in for free (at BP or Cabelas). Some people like the tube, I prefer it without. One less thing to worry about and they wear out.

· Registered
3,694 Posts
I have always used tube peeps and love them that way I always know my peep will be inline no matter what. The cheap tubeing that comes with the peeps are junk in about 2months just throw them away go to your archery shop and ask for some siliconized peep tubeing had mine now for 3 years and still going no cracks. I use a little bitty zip tie over the tubeing where it slides over the peep post to keep it from ever popping off and I tie the other end to my cable the way you tie a d loop. I love it and like I said mines worked like this for 3yrs now and going strong.

· faller downer
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have always used tube peeps and love them that way I always know my peep will be inline no matter what. The cheap tubeing that comes with the peeps are junk in about 2months just throw them away go to your archery shop and ask for some siliconized peep tubeing had mine now for 3 years and still going no cracks. I use a little bitty zip tie over the tubeing where it slides over the peep post to keep it from ever popping off and I tie the other end to my cable the way you tie a d loop. I love it and like I said mines worked like this for 3yrs now and going strong.
interesting idea .. thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.