Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It saddens me to have to post this.
On Sept,18th,2003 the EAST CENTRAL ILLINOIS ARCHERS( NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION) ARCHERY RANGE in Urbana Illinois was the victim of CRIMINAL PROPERTY DAMAGE AND THEFT.
The thieves ( 3 young men )entered the property when our 3D targets were set out on the course for our last 3D shoot of the year. The acts of criminal property damage by the tresspassers included ramming and running over 3D Rinehart targets and tearing up our roads with their BROWN CHEVY TRUCK.
THE THIEVES THEN STOLE THE HEAD OFF OUR 10 POINT RINEHART BUCK TARGET and were seen entering and leaving the property with the target head. These theifs were brazen enough to enter and leave the property and then returned again on the same evening to do more damage.
I would like to ask the members of this board if they would be kind enough to PLEASE keep an eye out for the HEAD TO OUR 10 POINT RINEHART BUCK HEAD.This is a $350.00 dollar target not including shipping costs.
And if you the thieves are reading this then know that you have 108 Angry Archers and Bowhunters and their families and their friends and the police looking for you and this really isnt as big of a community as you think it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So do the right thing and sneak your butts back to the property and return the head to the property, And I want you thieves to know we caught the last 2 persons that did theft and property damage to our property!
Thankyou for any help youall members can give us .
EAST CENTRAL ILLINOIS ARCHERS
URBANA , ILLINOIS
SECRETARY, DEBORAH KNOFF
[email protected]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Louie,
Your post brought both sadness and happiness to me. Sadness that the club got vandalized, but I was overjoyed to see that the ECIA is still alive and well. I used to live in Rantoul (Chanute) and was an original member of the ECIA (early '90s). Lake of the Woods Archery was my haunt. Living in Texas now, missing those big bruiser whitetails up in Illinois!

·
74,535 Posts
My Hopes

are that you catch them and prosecute them to full amount law allows. Sad day when folks have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I feel your pain!!!!!

I had three targets stolen from my back yard, havalina, turkey and a wolverine. All rineharts. I was not very impressed with it. At least they didn't take all 15 targets. Maybe it was the same Jack***es that vandilaized your club. But I dout it. Unless they like to drive 2 hours. Good luck I still have hope of catching someone. Tim Zim

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for your severed head in the Shelbyville area !!

I hope you find the guys that did this. Maybe they could get sentenced to community service, you do have brush to clear, don't you ?:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
BUCK HEAD

Sorry to hear about your loss. That is happening more, and more. I heard of some guys in NY that caught the culprets in the act. They destoyed what was left of the few mckenzies they had. And had the Rinehart targets, all 8 of them in the back of there pick up truck as they were seen bahaing through a cut fence on the border of there property. Good catch, but they got lucky. Call Rineharts and ask if you can get another head, Ive heard of them doing that for others. hang in, and straight shooting W

1 - 7 of 7 Posts